Call Logging Software....

Soldato
Hi all, recently come into post at a company looking after their IT systems and they currently don't have any proper formal way of logging calls with IT other than phoning and speaking to someone or someone leaving a note on my desk.

Now it isnt a large organisation, probably around 40-50 staff in total and not all of them have machines, but short of starting a spreadsheet off, are there any cheap, easily configurable options available for me to use? Doesnt need to be anything fancy, just something with a call queue and also a facility for staff to email into and a call be created?

Associate
I run osTicket at home, easy to install, decent interface. Resource Tracker is another one which I'd recommend. I gave up trying to install it myself though as it's not very Windows friendly.

Soldato
We tried Spiceworks for a bit but it had some very, very annoying flaws in the UI. When creating a ticket it would present a drop-down list (I can't remember of what). The list would go off the bottom of the screen and you had no way to scroll the list, so you'd end up having to work your way down the list - one of those little things that really annoys you.

Associate
We tried Spiceworks for a bit but it had some very, very annoying flaws in the UI. When creating a ticket it would present a drop-down list (I can't remember of what). The list would go off the bottom of the screen and you had no way to scroll the list, so you'd end up having to work your way down the list - one of those little things that really annoys you.

We always create a ticket just by emailing

Associate

Altiris\Symantec is obsessed with drop downs too.
It probably covers the requested features, but it's pretty darn expensive.

I'd recommend something like spiceworks or ManageEngine's Helpdesk offering. There's hundreds out there, most offer free trials/live online demos. Just keep fiddling until you find one you like.

Back
Top Bottom