I feel so frustrated with life!!

Soldato
Have spent the last 6 months looking for a house, without luck - a couple of deals have fallen through for a couple of lovely properties for various reasons, and I don't want to just buy just anything for the sake of it. Just doesn't seem to be much out there at the moment (well, certainly nothing particularly interesting).

Work is just tedious.

Nottingham just seems a bit dull as a place. Not a patch on the vibrancy of London. Don't feel I can move as I need the work history for a house purchase. And don't get me started on the women - the vast majority of the women in Notts seem like backward Wynetta Slob types.

Need to find something - a project, a new challenge...anything - to give me more of a buzz (and don't say drugs) as I feel bored and stale at the moment!

Soldato
OP
[FnG]magnolia;21502402 said:
Take to the stage, darling, you'll be a star!

Haha! That's a good idea, but I'm don't think I'm enough of the exhibitionist type!

I would love to do a tour of where you live though along the Australian coast and the South Seas islands (not that I can justify the mega cost that that would involve at the moment!). Would be fabulous experience.

Just to make you feel better, I get the keys to my newly purchased 3 bed house on thursday :D

:(

If its a new build though, it won't bother me :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Nottingham just seems a bit dull as a place. Not a patch on the vibrancy of London. Don't feel I can move as I need the work history for a house purchase. And don't get me started on the women - the vast majority of the women in Notts seem like backward Wynetta Slob types.

Have you tried getting involved in a slightly more sophisticated activity, e.g. reading club, cookery course, photography club, as then you might meet some slightly more sophisticated women.

Having to wait for a house might be good in terms of the deal you can get, as house prices should be static/dropping slightly for a while.

Rgds

Soldato
OP
Why are you buying a house, if you are in a job you dislike, in a city you dislike, when you have dreams of travelling?

Well, I took a year out to go travelling about 8 years ago and whilst it was a fabulous experience - an absolutely hoot - I probably blew around £20k, so its trying be sensible and lay some foundations first.

With a house, I can always rent it out which will cover the mortgage. That way, if I should go travelling again, I'll know the foundations have been laid back in the UK and I'll feel less of a waster (since I'll be burning money instead of earning money)

Pretty sensible if I may say so myself :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Why are you buying a house, if you are in a job you dislike, in a city you dislike, when you have dreams of travelling?

I'm wondering about that too :(

But I figure, if I move now, I need another couple of years of solid employment history behind me for mortgage application (I'm assuming the bank/building want at least a couple of years of stable employment?)

[FnG]magnolia;21502438 said:
Why are you looking in Nottingham more like :/

London is mega, mega priced. Basically I can't afford London. A grim studio flat is £180k, a 1930s 3 bed in a reasonabel part of West London is about £450k. My old 2 bed flat in Bristol went on the market recently for £295k....

Basically, houses in Notts are affordable. You can get a really nice period 3 bed with bags of character and good space for around £160-£170k.

Where are you looking in Nottingham ?

Started out in WB/Gamston but everything's mega expensive. A nice, spacious 2 bed terrace is around £175k, so have switched into looking in Sherwood (where my 2 deals fell through) towards the Mapperley Park side where possible (as its nicer).

Last edited:
Soldato
We are up at Woodthorpe, its a nice area here. Doesn't have the shopping amenities of WB though unless you walk upto Mapperley.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why are you so desperate to buy a house? What's wrong with waiting two years to buy a house? That's no time at all, in fact, it gives you more time to save.

You say life is frustrating yet you have the opportunity to change all of these frustrations!

Last edited:
Caporegime
"When a man is tired of Nottingham, he is tired of life." - Literally no one.

What do you do for a job? What hobbies do you have? Do you have a GF? Do you play WoW? Are there things you used to enjoy that you now don't?

Back
Top Bottom