Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
apologies for my outburst.

i was never officially clocked at a specific speed.

but the two officers in the car said i was doing 50 in a 25, and 70 in a 35.

just come back from court now. i've got a year off the roads, and a £500 fine :/

Soldato
it was indeed quite fast.. :/

really regretting it, and it was an incredibly stupid mistake, which im learning from already.

looks like its back to a 1.0L in a years time. im just thankfull they havent made me retake my test.

Associate
Is it grey?

*edit it is: http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=252446

christ bro, you playing the long game? :p

As I say I am open to offers on it but I was a bit unsure of how to price it to be honest. It is on the high side I know that but there were some listed as low £6k that were priced cheaply or so people said.

What do you think is a realistic price for it? Need to do some proper research in to prices when I am home from work but thought I would list it up now and see if there was any interest at all

Caporegime
I've monitoring Premier prices for a while for a mate, there are lots for sale for that price bracket, two viewpoints

a) They are actually worth 2.5k more than a facelift and the seller has to wait it out for a buyer (much like a DC5)
b) They are overpriced and buyers are saving 2.5k and getting a non-prem leaving the prems sitting for months

EP3's have nosedived massivly over the last 12 months, they're getting on, insurance, fuel all on the up and the markets sorting its self out. If you want shut you need to price it keenly, if you want to wait it out then good luck.

Associate
Thanks for that buddy.

I don't want to sell it and don't desperately need to, but I could do with the money so don't mind waiting it out.

Regarding the prices... don't I know it. I bought this just over a year ago for close to £8k from a dealer. Was a pretty good price at the time :(

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
apologies for my outburst.

i was never officially clocked at a specific speed.

but the two officers in the car said i was doing 50 in a 25, and 70 in a 35.

just come back from court now. i've got a year off the roads, and a £500 fine :/

bad times, sorry about the sus, you have to understand I had little choice.
hope you can get back in the car you want after the ban is up.

a) They are actually worth 2.5k more than a facelift and the seller has to wait it out for a buyer (much like a DC5)
b) They are overpriced and buyers are saving 2.5k and getting a non-prem leaving the prems sitting for months

I was after a premier because I preferred the seats and wanted rear tints as they look good on cosmic imho

my Jan 2004[53 plate] was a bargain at 4.5k in honesty it was the first car I went to look at with a view to buy but had driven a lot before i had the money together.

4.5K for my car was cheap when i got it at the start of Feb, it seemed that cosmic grey cars were demanding 5k+ and a sub 60k example would be 5.5k+

essentially i got mine a grand cheaper than going rate because the dealer either wanted shut of it or didn't know what he was doing.

premier editions I looked at were commanding 6k+ for an example in good condition. which I just couldn't justify for different seats and tints.
to all intents and purposes I was facing the prospect of paying £1500+ more for the same car.

I think a starting price of £6k-£6.2k is a good mark for a tidy example

Essentially, Muffin has it spot on, the market sucks at the moment and the buyer has the advantage unless you are really in no rush to sell.

Associate
Hi guys is it worth getting coilovers for day2day road use, notice the car has more body roll than I like at speed, what model is the best for less than £700 and is it easy to fit.. the car is a 09 FN2 Type R. thanks.

Soldato
Just realized I never made a post in this thread.

My love of vtec started with a Civic EG6, here is my full vtec car list.

Past.

EG6 Civic VTi - Turbo conversion
EG6 Civic VTi - stock £500 bargain
DC2 Integra UK
DC2 Integra JDM 98 Spec

Current

DC2 Integra Si with quite a few upgrades to suspension and exhaust.

Vtec + turbo = totally mental!

Soldato
My SiR-G Integra was bought for a similar reason, at the time £2k cheaper and I was 23 so getting insurance was going to be easier than the Type R.... plus at the time the target was a turbo conversion (GT28RS). It was the better car to start with as i didn't need the NA focus of the Type R bits with turbo in mind.

Soldato
Hmm, only 32 pages late to the thread.

Had my DC2 3 years now, I do 50 miles a day up and down the Cat n Fiddle, can't imagine a better car for the job this side of an Elise / Cayman. Just had had a full suspension re-bush with all hard race + Honda RTA's. Need to replace my B-pipe soon but that will just be with another OEM pipe. :)

I'll sell it when a company eventually makes a car I genuinely want for the right money (been waiting a while) - potentially looking at a 12 month old GT86 next June/July.

Don
The bad news is, the b-pipe and back box are no longer £110 each, now they're nearer £200!

Get on to Si at Hendy Performance and see if he can sort you out!

The good news is, you can order the exhaust spring bolts from lings honda online, they're 1p each!

How many miles have you covered now? We bought ours around the same time, I was on 68,000 I think, now on around 91,000

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Got knocking coming from my drivers side suspension when I go over speed bumps.

Over the phone, ABP are fairly certain it is the arb drop links but other options being suggested to me (like the top mounts) are all mega expensive.

Looks like the FRSU and TegiwaM is off the cards for a bit if that's the case.

Any suggestions on here lads? It is like a pop/cunk when I drive over those speed bumps you have to straddle.

Soldato
Anyone have any experience of fitting an amp/sub to an EP3? I had one lying about from my old car so thought I may as well fit it.

I've managed to feed the power cable through the gromit behind the glove box. Now I just need to feed the wires from the headunit to the boot.

Does the trim just pull of down the sides? I don't want to break anything!

Please help lol :)

Back
Top Bottom