Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
I have one installed in mine but I just paid a local company to do it as I didn't want to break anything lol, but shouldn't be too hard a job, just the head unit fitting and ripping half your dash off put me off the job!

I'm sure the trim just clips on :)

rjkoneill, I'm sure some dude on Pistonheads is using a pic of your Civic to advertise one of those "WANTED!!!!!!!111111 Civic Type R's!" kinda ad's!

I would guess ARB drop links, I get a very, very faint knock now and then drivers side and I'm guessing those from what I've read too.

How much are top mounts? As was gonna get those when I do my springs/camber stuff/FRSU... :-S

Soldato
I have one installed in mine but I just paid a local company to do it as I didn't want to break anything lol, but shouldn't be too hard a job, just the head unit fitting and ripping half your dash off put me off the job!

I'm sure the trim just clips on :)

rjkoneill, I'm sure some dude on Pistonheads is using a pic of your Civic to advertise one of those "WANTED!!!!!!!111111 Civic Type R's!" kinda ad's!

I would guess ARB drop links, I get a very, very faint knock now and then drivers side and I'm guessing those from what I've read too.

How much are top mounts? As was gonna get those when I do my springs/camber stuff/FRSU... :-S

Cheers Ill have a go tomorrow. Ive already fitted the headunit and pulled all the dash apart so I know how to do that bit now! :)

Soldato
Also while I remember, when I pull away there is a creak which I can feel through the steering wheel. Only happens when initailly pulling away?

Annnndd its very creaky/squeaky when going over speed bumps!

rjk

rjk

Caporegime

link? I will call them for lols :D

EDIT: Found it

ABP quoted 175 inc fitting per top mount.
ARB DLs were quoted at 50 inc fitted for the pair.

just hoping it is the latter of the two options. :(

Soldato
The bad news is, the b-pipe and back box are no longer £110 each, now they're nearer £200!

Get on to Si at Hendy Performance and see if he can sort you out!

The good news is, you can order the exhaust spring bolts from lings honda online, they're 1p each!

How many miles have you covered now? We bought ours around the same time, I was on 68,000 I think, now on around 91,000

Aye I've seen the prices, not too bad really in the grand scheme of things. Cheers for the tip on the spring bolts.

Bought it on 65,000, about 1 week away from 94,000 :)

Soldato
Not standard no.

Only blue is like Tauren's one. I don't class it as bright.

images

Soldato
lol good result NathWraith and rjkoneill :p

Christ I didn't realise how expensive the top mounts were! Doesn't look like I'm changing those assuming they aint too pooped when it's springs/lowering time :-S

Caporegime
thing is if you don't do them and change the springs well you'll have to pay the labour twice when you finally do opt to change the top mounts...plus whats the point in lowering springs which are presumably for handling if the bit that bolts these to the chassis mount point isn't in good condition?

Soldato
True, I'll have a scout around for prices of them on their own.

Anyone have any recommendations of other stuff to change whilst it's in bits?

Obviously ideally shocks as well but then we're running into proper money lol... I was thinking initially, top mounts, ARB drop links... but what about wishbone bushes or is it a case of inspecting them really to see how bad they are?

At least it aint a VW like my last car, needing new bushes weekly!

Soldato
I'd have to get it inspected to answer that, I'm no mechanic :)

The car drives really well though, only very occasionally a really light knock/clonk on bigger bumps from drivers side which I am assuming is an ARB drop link, the cars on 68k now.

Who'd have thought that starting off with £150 springs you can be spending 700-800 by the time you're done :)

Back
Top Bottom