Anyone seen worse than this?

Soldato
not dirty but a rather fine example of cabling

imag0104gt.jpg

reminds me of my telephone exchange cabinet down my street lol.

Permabanned
lol Dimple, a man after my own heart. My 2nd machine has a HDD sitting in the bottom on top of an old towel to keep it silent, makes a racket when it's screwed in. :>

Main rig is all neat and perfect cause I got OcUK to make it, didn't even bother with that. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Many, many years ago I used to work at a place building PCs. My boss decided, in his infinite wisdom, to agree to refurb machines for a company who used them for playing in-store music in stores such as JJB Sports, McDonalds etc. Some of them were in a particularly nasty state but I can only find some of the tamer pictures at the moment:

grim1.jpg

grim2.jpg

Lovely.

Associate
OP
i just took some painkillers and looking at the dust makes me wanna puke lmfao.

Phemo,is that big hard disk in the picture really small like 2GB or something? I had one that looked like that years ago and it was only 2GB:D

Soldato
Worst I ever saw was a Dell GX1 that spent it's life on the floor in an engineers office next to the doorway brush mat. The doorway was to a loading bay at an ICI plant.

After the lid was taken off, it had to be taken outside and blown out using an instrument air line before we could see where everything was. It got replaced.

Soldato
I've mentioned this before, But I'll say it again. Uncle had a shop that sold lawnmowers, The PC in the office was the worst I've ever seen. Dust, Dirt, Grease and I'm pretty sure petrol residue inside. Was disgusting to fix it, for "some reason" the PSU stopped working

Soldato
I did a contact in the Liverpool Jaguar plant and some of the machines in the press shop were disgusting, it was a wonder how they still worked! They'd been in there about 10 years, were massively out of date and had never been cleaned!

Soldato
Phemo,is that big hard disk in the picture really small like 2GB or something? I had one that looked like that years ago and it was only 2GB:D

I think those ones were 8GB, but yeah they were available in all those capacities. They were Quantum Fireball drives I think, I don't miss them ;)

Back
Top Bottom