Upgrade time "I think"

Associate
Hi all,

Just a bit of a quick one, i have a pretty old pc that's never been overclocked but it's now struggling a bit, spec is E6550, GA963DS3 motherboard, 4gb ddr2, gtx560 3 sata Hdds and a spare gt240 gfx card.

I could really do with a new CPU, Mobo, and Ram, what would be the best and cheapest way forward? I was thinking something along the lines of krypton Z68 590 I bundle, or a AMD bundle of some sort, not really botherd about overclocking.

i could really do with coming out of this with 2x pc's, as the nipper has now fell out with the xbox and found the pc and you need a tyre leaver to get him off it.

I've got a spare case, was thinking of transfering the whole lot across, use the GT240 and use the smallest 160gb Hdd out of mine.

Associate
OP
Was going to swap everything out of my case except the GFX card and use the GT240 &current spec in the nippers machine, he is currently using mine for minecraft and browsing.

The I5 and GTX560 would be used for gaming, would my current OCZ 600w Psu handle the new chip.

I have never really done any overclocking but I would want something that can play BF3 at reasonable res though.

Soldato
Was going to swap everything out of my case except the GFX card and use the GT240 &current spec in the nippers machine, he is currently using mine for minecraft and browsing.

The I5 and GTX560 would be used for gaming, would my current OCZ 600w Psu handle the new chip.

I have never really done any overclocking but I would want something that can play BF3 at reasonable res though.

Is it a normal 560 or a 560Ti?

The 600W will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom