Manbags

Associate
Here's mine its a Wenger

trusty travelling companion bit messy and could do with a wipe down perfect size for eeepc/tablet sat nav chargers drink loads of compartments
IMG_20120325_131454.jpg

IMG_20120325_131512.jpg

Associate
It's not homophobic to be fully aware that people may be pointing and laughing at you.

It's that most men don't want to be presumed to be something they're not, you know how many dodgy looks you'd get walking round town with a man bag, use a backpack or rucksack, or even a brief case, even a camera bag, if you can get away with it.

I hate carrying my girlfriends camera bag, because despite it saying Nikon on the side, it still has the ability to remove the testosterone from any man.

Jackets have numerous pockets for a reason, other than that you might as well use a laptop bag or one of the aforementioned types of bags

Not judging you in anyway but do you have self confidence issues about being a man or are you really young ? I'm not sure what it's like to live in Sheffield but Portsmouth is not a soft place to live and no one's ever pointed/laughed or said anything to me if I've carried my wifes bag if she's carrying the baby, I've carried my daughters school/lunch bags or a camera case when we've travelled.

If just carrying a bag esmasculates a bloke then the bag is not the issue.

Soldato
It's not homophobic to be fully aware that people may be pointing and laughing at you.

1) How on Earth do you imagine that anyone notices or cares enough to point and laugh at you?

2) Honestly - seriously - bags are useful. I really don't understand where the move from a rucksack or camera bag to something more generic suddenly is 'gay'?

3) This whole thread is terrifically homophobic. Firstly, there's the presumption that gay men wear or carry certain things in a certain way. Secondly, there's this INCREDIBLE fear of looking like a gay man. Because gay men are clearly the devil.

4) The only people who will even remotely consider pointing and laughing will be homophobic little teenaged oiks. Or grown men who are still homophobic little teenaged oiks inside. Not somebody you have to give a flying friar tuck about.

5) Edit to add this:

Soldato
Not judging you in anyway but do you have self confidence issues about being a man or are you really young ? I'm not sure what it's like to live in Sheffield but Portsmouth is not a soft place to live and no one's ever pointed/laughed or said anything to me if I've carried my wifes bag if she's carrying the baby, I've carried my daughters school/lunch bags or a camera case when we've travelled.

24, and although I'm overweight, I have no confidence issues lol.

My 60 year old dad tries to carry my mums handbag around tesco, it's just embarrassing, even she thinks it is, he just does it to wind us up lol.

Dinomania - you can have a "man bag" without being gay, they just go on both shoulders instead of one lol

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
This thread does have me a little confused. "Man bags" are the most common bag for guys these days. Its a little weird if you use a bag when you are just carrying a wallet, keys and phone but most people who are not idiots don't want to have a coat with pockets large enough to carry A4 paper.

Also, having bulges all over your jacket and jeans from all the crap you are carrying makes you look like a complete ***.

What does make me laugh is the notion that kids would laugh at anyone with a "man bag". Have you guys seen what they wear. All I can think when I see how kids dress now is that somehow the more outrageous and clashing your outfit is, the better.

Soldato
The fact you mention something clashing makes me question your masculinity lol, real men where whatever has the least amount of creeses/stains on it lol, and that is not an invitation for people to start saying "do you shower" just because I'm wearing the boxers I slept in, doesn't mean I'm unhygenic.

Just for the record, real men use a sporan!

Soldato
I think it's funny that most wouldn't use a manbag out of fear that they would look 'gay'.
Trust me, I highly doubt any of you are important enough for anyone to even notice when passing you in the street.

I also find it amusing that so many of you think that a real man should only wear a loincloth and carry around a wooden club. Bah. A real man wears what he wants, without caring what others think.

Soldato
The fact you mention something clashing makes me question your masculinity lol, real men where whatever has the least amount of creeses/stains on it lol, and that is not an invitation for people to start saying "do you shower" just because I'm wearing the boxers I slept in, doesn't mean I'm unhygenic.

Just for the record, real men use a sporan!

Um.

Seriously?

It is not for you to question anyone's masculinity, or comment on what 'real men' wear. Why you've opened conversation on the state of your own boxers, I don't know.

A grown man, real or imaginary, keeps himself clean, buys and uses whatever he wants whatever the opinion of anyone else, and is absolutely allowed to take care of his own appearance, in any way he pleases.

You seem most keen to be as unattractive to both grown men and women as possible - up to you I suppose. Good luck!

Soldato
I also find it amusing that so many of you think that a real man should only wear a loincloth and carry around a wooden club. Bah. A real man wears what he wants, without caring what others think.

You forgot kill wild animals for food, thats pretty much me to a T,

Metrosexual's can keep all this man-scaping, hair straightening, skin care crap.

Um. Seriously?!

I wasn't seriously questioning anyones masculinity

You seem most keen to be as unattractive to both grown men and women as possible

You just said a real man, buys and does what he wants, is that not what I am doing, I keep myself clean, use a rucksack when required, but I find a coat or jacket works perfectly fine for wallet, keys and phone, I was was talking anything more I have a backpack/rucksack/laptop bag

Last edited:
Soldato
We're going off topic here,

Gay
Manbag.jpg

Not Gay
laptop-bag-shoulder-strap.jpg

All I'm trying to saying is, they're not for me, if people have no issues with the possiblity of being laughed at then fine, I'd rather not paint a target on myself.

Back
Top Bottom