Manbags

Soldato
The point is, Jay, that you're perceiving that these things make you a target. They don't. But, in your thinking like this, and possibly reacting to other people on the street - you perpetuate it.

I agree that a man with a small handbag does look unusual - as in the main male clothing is loose enough to get the small items into pockets - unusual however does not mean you need to label them with a sexual preference.

Soldato
The point is, Jay, that you're perceiving that these things make you a target. They don't. But, in your thinking like this, and possibly reacting to other people on the street - you perpetuate it.

I agree that a man with a small handbag does look unusual - as in the main male clothing is loose enough to get the small items into pockets - unusual however does not mean you need to label them with a sexual preference.

If I perceive it, whats stopping everyone else? to my knowledge, gay men aren't bothered what people think about them anyways, they just do/wear what they want.

If only I could pull of skinny jeans... but then I couldn't fit my keys and phone in them lol

Soldato
A modicum of common sense?

You and I both know the human race as a collective group doesn't have an ounce of common sense (August 2011 Riots) just look at chavs, If I was to walk round Meadowhall wearing a "man bag" I would pretty much expect to get jumped by some chavs.

EDIT: maybe it's just Sheffield that has this problem lol

Soldato
Theres nothing wrong with manbags. The size of smartphones and tablets, with wallets and bottle of water etc hard to fit into pockets.

The rest of the world use them no problems. Its just when you get to the mindless childish British adults who come out with, gay, homo, just for girls etc.

Its the 21st Century, not the 1800's. If a guy wants to wear a stylish shoulder bag to carry his belongings, then so be it. Deal with it and carry on with your life.

Soldato
*cough* stylish *cough*

gadget-holster.jpg

ooooook then

Soldato
There have been rare occasions, the existance of the Walking Dead season 3 thread proved that, and Nexus seems to agree with me a lot of the time too

I wouldn't call it odd, I'd call it "individual"

Associate
We should put together a guide on Mansbags for future generations guidance. I shall start off with the right and wrong way to hold a bag.

Wrong
=====
man_holding_purse_1_85_transparent.jpg

Right
====
Man_Holding_Purse_2_85_Transparent.jpg

Wrong
=====
2318389600_9ae9024650.jpg

Right
====
holding-a-purse-on-the-man-couch.jpg

Right
====
rothco02.jpg

Right but wrong
===========
bagstrap-KotCS.jpg

^^^ Right because it's Indiana Jones, wrong because it's an empty bag, in my opinion men should not carry empty bags. If they need to carry an empty bag they should put the bag inside another bag so they then have no empty bag.

Permabanned
Um.

Seriously?

It is not for you to question anyone's masculinity, or comment on what 'real men' wear. Why you've opened conversation on the state of your own boxers, I don't know.

A grown man, real or imaginary, keeps himself clean, buys and uses whatever he wants whatever the opinion of anyone else, and is absolutely allowed to take care of his own appearance, in any way he pleases.

You seem most keen to be as unattractive to both grown men and women as possible - up to you I suppose. Good luck!

1332758225.jpg

Associate
Right use for a man bag - Practicality, you have stuff to carry that either won't fit in your pockets or it's not safe to do so.

^^^^ I've cut my nutsack before by carrying a screwdriver in my pocket

Wrong use for a man bag - Decorative/fashion accessory.

Back
Top Bottom