The Voice

Associate
Started watching this night and seemed to be ok, better than the x factor, but after the 3rd or 4th singer, it got very very boring and was kinda leaning towards x factor in terms of what is better, as every now and again having a good laugh at sometime who is truly dire at singing is what you need.

And the judges seemed more interested in bragging about what other 'artists' they have worked with rather than what they could do with the singer instead got rather tedious.

And hastily switched over to ITV for Britains got Talent as soon as it turned 8pm, dont think will watch again.

Soldato
I know this sounds like boasting chaps, but it isn't intended as such, (well maybe a little ;p) but I'm a bit gobsmacked. I was watching the complete re-run of the show last night on iplayer since I missed most of it, and saw this guy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00k96j4/profiles/max-milner
His performance last night, Beatles come together 'mashup' as they call it with an Eminem song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzYE6P5NxSw

and as he was being interviewed, a penny dropped as well as my jaw. I was staring at his face and vaguely recognised him, then the name 'max' made me realise, I taught him drums for a few years! Both at school and then privately at his parent's house. Haven't seen him for about 6 years when he was about 14, and he lives (or lived, don't know if he's still there) around the corner from me. We were doing guildhall graded pieces. I remember now that he could sing and act, and his parents are both in west end shows (mum is a leading lady in one of them at the moment I believe) and movies. I'm like, how the **** are two people I know and connected with drums both in a single BBC show, lol. It's strange when you knew someone as a kid (a bit of a tearaway he was too, a few arguments at home with his parents while I was there :D) then seeing how they've changed into an adult doing professional work.

Last edited:
Soldato
I quite enjoyed the first episode, I liked the fact that no-one was appalling and just up there to be laughed at like the X Factor.

One thing I didn't like is Miss Jessie "Attention Seeker" J - what was with the constantly hovering her hand, foot, chin, elbow... over the button, then putting it down again? Just trying to steal the limelight from the singers and have all the audience's attention on her.

Soldato
Just watched it and colour me surprised, it's actually pretty good.

X-Factor and BGT/Singers and Dancers are both a bit stale now and need a refresh badly. The Voice doesn't have any of the crap off the street, all the acts are already talented, it's just a case of if they're "talented enough", and having the judges fight over the acts is pretty funny in places (and a bit cringeworthy in others).

I'll be watching next week I think.

Associate
Just watched it and colour me surprised, it's actually pretty good.

X-Factor and BGT/Singers and Dancers are both a bit stale now and need a refresh badly. The Voice doesn't have any of the crap off the street, all the acts are already talented, it's just a case of if they're "talented enough", and having the judges fight over the acts is pretty funny in places (and a bit cringeworthy in others).

I'll be watching next week I think.

Totally agree, other shows are getting very boring and predictable. Yet for now, this has a better format and seems to be focused on talent so far.

Permabanned
I enjoyed The Voice much more than expected and will be watching next week.

As for BGT, how can you have Amanda Holden judging people on talent ;)

Back
Top Bottom