Wanting a new phone £170

Permabanned
hi im wanting an upgrade from my tired old nokia. i have a spend of about £170. what should i go for?

just for basic web browsing, facebook, skype and msn so i don't need anything to special.

thanks

Permabanned
OP
Pick up a T-mobile Vivacity for £100 and keep the £70 saved for airtime and credits. A good ZTE phone with a decent screen and camera, plenty of bang for your buck.

thanks for the reply. the vivacity looks like good value for money but the monte carlo for £125 seems to be a good buy.

what do you think?

Associate
They are both good phones, the Monte Carlo has the bigger screen but I have never used one. A friend of mine got the Vivacity a few weeks ago, it felt pretty decent for the money. I have an Xperia Mini at the moment and I have been very impressed with its performance and screen, but you might not want such a small phone though.

Permabanned
OP
thanks for the replys so far guys.

the nokia 710 i would go for but i use facebook messenger A LOT and as far as i know the ovi market doesn't have that app. :(

im really leaning towards the monte carlo and you can take all of the orange bloatware off it and flash a custom operating system and its easier to get unlocked.

not sure what to makw of the htc radar

Caporegime
Nokia 710 uses Windows Phone 7. MSN and Facebook chat are intergrated into the stock messaging app.

Can easily switch how you communite with some one in a press of a button if they're online.

Permabanned
OP
Nokia 710 uses Windows Phone 7. MSN and Facebook chat are intergrated into the stock messaging app.

Can easily switch how you communite with some one in a press of a button if they're online.

so the facebook 'chat' works exactly the same as the facebook messenger? hmm

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
im really leaning towards the monte carlo and you can take all of the orange bloatware off it and flash a custom operating system and its easier to get unlocked.

This is what I did a few months back & the phone has been Superb ever since, Lovely big screen does everything I want & more & only cost me a hundred quid. :cool:
Got mine on 3, 15 quid a month gets you 300 mins 3000 texts & Unlimited Data. :D

Soldato
so their would really be a noticeable gap between the arc s and the monte carlo?

Yes, especially when it comes to thing like 3D games (GTA III) and the camera, which is absolutely fantastic on the Arc/Arc S. I have a Galaxy S2, Nexus and Note now but I still think the Arc has the best camera of any Android device I've used.

Also Sony will be releasing Ice Cream Sandwich on it soon.

Other good things about the Arc are the HDMI port (and included cable) and good build quality.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Yes, especially when it comes to thing like 3D games (GTA III) and the camera, which is absolutely fantastic on the Arc/Arc S. I have a Galaxy S2, Nexus and Note now but I still think the Arc has the best camera of any Android device I've used.

Also Sony will be releasing Ice Cream Sandwich on it soon.

Other good things about the Arc are the HDMI port (and included cable) and good build quality.

thanks, i think i will take a look either today or tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom