Spec me a fast, useable 20k car

Caporegime
You've not seen many roads in other countrys, despite what you may think of our roads, they are in a lot better condition than many many other countrys, even european ones! :)

You wince @ £400 road tax yet are considering an e60 M5 that'll make the treasury a very pretty penny given its monumental thirst.

Strange! :p

Turkey was about £500 several years ago on a 'normal' car. We aren't that hard done by here

Man of Honour
Our road tax is not that expensive in the grand scheme of things. Our fuel is - but the huge devaluation in our currency is making it look 'cheap' to Europeans when in reality it is not.

Man of Honour
But converting it into Euros makes it look cheap because Sterling is worth very little against the Euro compared to the historical value. We know this already as people in France keep trying to buy used cars from us etc.

Only a few years ago a more typical exchange rate was 1.5+ meaning a £1.40 litre of unleaded would be over 2 euros!

British fuel in sterling costs a British person with sterling more than French fuel in Euros costs a Frenchman with Euros. If that makes sense, I'm not going a good job of explaining it :D

Soldato
17K for a 5 year old mini, doesn't sound to me no matter how special it is!

Hell for 17-18K you can get a 370Z or Focus RS or something not 5 years old and considerably nicer!

All subjective I guess. More of a wild card than the two cars mentioned above.... A rear wheel drive jap car (nothing new or special imo) or a fwd Ford with 300bhp... Would sooner take a standard ST Thorney motorsport..... imo of course lol

Soldato
Out of interest why would you pick a Mini GP at this price point? Not trolling as I haven't driven one, just curious.

Seems a lot of money to spend considering what else you can get, or are they really that good?

That price point was more at the extreme end of the scale. Most GPs have between 15k to 30k on the clock. On average they go for around 15/16k.

Lowest I've seen was around 10k, but that had been around the world a few times.

Soldato
A: I object in principal to having 400 notes stolen from me on an annual basis for the 'privilage' of driving on some of the worst roads in the developed world.

Bwhahaha this makes me laugh.

Oh how I thought the roads in the UK were bad in places grumble grumble etc etc until I moved here.

The UK road network is amazing in its overall high quality for the surface and signage.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think im going to go with an M6, going to look at a couple over the weekend, both 2005 plate, full BMW warranty etc one has 37k and the other 46k - both up for £19995

I will let you know how it goes

Associate
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think im going to go with an M6, going to look at a couple over the weekend, both 2005 plate, full BMW warranty etc one has 37k and the other 46k - both up for £19995

I will let you know how it goes

If you can live with the looks, epic car with epic engine. If you thought M3 repair/parts bills were bad, better get some KY jelly in.

You know your BMW's so no need to preach but check tyres are new and brake parts are fresh as there's a few grand tucked away there if replacements are due.

Getting a 2 year AUC warranty? If not on offer, push for it if you go for one of them.

Associate
GP owner here. They are a nice car but compared to the other cars in this thread are fairly low on the power front (218bhp when new). They are only 2 seats and the low weight wheels like to bend, I have replaced 4 so far!

Back
Top Bottom