The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Associate
Bought a 135L two weeks ago - absolutely love it :D Easily the best lens I've ever bought and got it for cracking price. And today's purchase was at the other end of the scale - picked up a Holga 120N and some 120 B&W film. Fancied playing around with some film so thought i'd give it a go. If it's rubbish then it's no big loss :)

Soldato
anyways this is what my mum gave me:

loving it for street shots. just started using it last friday! LOVE IT

Canon-a1-top-web.jpg

Indeed a thing of beauty.

Soldato
I'll get some pictures up soon but I think I got deal of the entire century.
Swapped my Nikon d40 with 18-55 and 55-200 for;
Sony alpha a900, about 4 macro lenses, 7 telephoto lenses and a whole load of add ons and extras, remotes, fish eye, wide angle, uv filters, macro filters, 2 bags, 4 battery's and more cf cards than I can wave a stick at :)

I got a good deal :)

And a flash thing as well

Last edited:
Soldato
Thats soo sexy

shut-up-and-take-my-money-1f46.jpg

Looking at it I'm in too minds... One part loves it... the other part just thinks it looks a little too weird. Right on the border but i think I am swaying to the sexy side! :p

Edit... I really want to get a new lens, but having had some nice L glass for christmas I really don't want to go down to "regular" glass :(

Soldato
^ now that is a damn fine combination :D been using it myself a lot recently. The 70-200 is the sharpest wide open lens i have. I'll be using my d700 with the 70-200 ii to shoot the london marathon in a couple of weeks for a job - bit worried about the weight element considering that i'll be there for several hours mind. :D

Back
Top Bottom