• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Question fior 680 owners..

Soldato
I get a little, but only in certain scenarios such as some game menus, extremely high fps scenes and certain applications such as 3dmark. Even then, it's not that loud.

During actual gaming though, I can't hear whininh apart the a slight increase in fan speed. Also under normal windows desktop use it is completely quiet.

Honestly it is not a big issue unless you're using speakers at very low volumes or the rest of your system is very quiet.

I wonder what actually causes it though. Some people say they can never hear it, but I've had it on the last 5 cards I've had (both AMD and NVIDIA).

Man of Honour
Coil whine is very hit and miss and can depend on the card itself, PSU, quality of your mains electronics, etc. etc. so for instance even if you bought a GTX680 that had been tested in a PC already without showing symptoms of coil whine it could become a problem when you fitted it into yours - so basically your gonna have to try it for yourself and DSR it if its an issue.

Associate
EVGA and no whine. In fact the card is so quiet compared to my previous 470 I initially thought I had coil whine. Turned out it was the hard disks idling which shows how much noise the Fermi was making and just how silent the 680 is.

Back
Top Bottom