• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

685 GTX specs GK110

Associate
if rumors arc correct chip size will be equal to 580

so in 680 we have 1500 cuda so if gk110 really has 2300 cuda and same gpu clock it will have min 60% more perfomance

surely it will get 512 bit bus for 4 gb but 512 bit bus wont give us much more power

but that card will be real kepler..

less important is price... :D for me personally it doesnt matter + - 200 obama wont make mepoor or rich :D

Associate
You talk in hidden meanings and metaphors I really struggle to understand what the hell you mean? They haven't got me by the balls at all, I'm happy with my 680. I'm also not moaning about the price either. It's not like I spent my last £420 on a GTX 680. There's plenty more where they came from. Where I spend my disposable income isn't really any of your concern mate.

Of course I'm going to sell my 680 at a loss you fool. That's generally the deal when you sell something.

QUOTE]

no it isn't ********.... you obviously dont own property, the idea is not to loose money, i couldn't care less how much money you have, i doubt you have as much mnoney as me though.

you probably borrow like **** off your credit cards, drive a BMW and think you're something special.... you aint

Graphics cards generally don't go up in value like property. :confused:

Everybody expects to lose some money when they upgrade GPU, the trick is to lose as little as possible.

Associate
If it really is coming with 4gb of mem out the box and is 20% faster i am just gonna stick with my gtx 580 and wait for it.

Caporegime
i dont, i'm just trying to suss out which Card is best to buy in August, i've never pretended to be rich, if anything the opposite.

Why don't you wait until August before considering the matter?

Then you'll see exactly what's available and exactly what the prices are.

Soldato
Why don't you wait until August before considering the matter?

Then you'll see exactly what's available and exactly what the prices are.

the reason i'm interested now is i'm busy on this forum sorting out the rest of my pc, i'm interested in everything gaming related whilst online.

Caporegime
the reason i'm interested now is i'm busy on this forum sorting out the rest of my pc, i'm interested in everything gaming related whilst online.

It's fine to be interested but whatever you're told, guess at, surmise etc. now isn't really going to mean anything by August.

Permabanned
OP
That doesn't mean it's going to happen, which you said it was about to any time.

We will see dual cards appearing soon either in April or May is my guess,as for the 685 i dont know,however im sure nvidia will release it at a time when AMD release there refresh which could be around the same time,its all speculation but its all we have to go on for now.

Permabanned
OP
to be honest my 680's in SLI play everything I chuck at them at max settings at 2560 x 1600, so why would I want to sell them and get 685's?

Its the same as the 280 and 285,hardly worth getting a 285 in you already had a 280,same principle here.Just wait for Maxwell i would.

Soldato
We will see dual cards appearing soon either in April or May is my guess,as for the 685 i dont know,however im sure nvidia will release it at a time when AMD release there refresh which could be around the same time,its all speculation but its all we have to go on for now.

i dont think now is the time to be talking about this..... do you ;) ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Guys I game at 24" 1080p monitor and have no desire for higher resolutions. I have a 5850 atm.

Do you think there will be a point at which 680/7970 will struggle at 1920x1080p res in future. In other words will 1080p warrant more powerful graphics cards in future or is it more of a case with higher res such as 1400/1600, multi-monitors setup?

Associate
I just bought a GTX 680 and don't feel terribly threatened or deflated by the imminent release of the "685". The 680 is a significant upgrade from my 470 and couldn't be happier with it. Thing is there are many folks who asume the "685" will somehow be released as a direct replacement and at the same price as the 680 (which would leave me feeling ripped off) but bear in mind it is already going to cost some £150+ for a 4 GB 680 so I suspect the "685" is going to be fairly pricey. Unless you are gaming over 1920 res or running a multi-monitor setup the 680 is an excellent performer for the cost.

There is always going to be something bigger and better around the corner and for me at least it's all about buying the best hardware within my budget at the time and the 680 has delivered. I got this mainly because I currently require a card with a minimum of Compute capability 2.1 and as a bonus it runs all of my games at max settings smoothly ... without having the presence of a jet engine. Arguably the 580 has better compute performance according to early benchmarks but some of the new features that were introduced with the 600 series tempted me.

In short, I think I'm going to be enjoying this card for some time regardless of what appears next.

Back
Top Bottom