Didn't realise the extent that people get ripped off during the Edinburgh Festival!

Soldato
Supply and demand. Not rocket science. After all holiday flats go from £600+ in August to often less than half that once the kiddies are back at school.

This is all nowt compared to the rates for flats during the Olympics. Greedy Southerners are going to have £££ signs in their eyes.

Associate
Just wait to the Olympics start.

Then you will really see what rip-off Britain is about.

There's a 6 bed house in Chelmsford's "posh" estate, being rented for the Olympics and they want £5000 PER WEEK

It's advertised as "5 mins to Chelmsford station", hmmmm.... and good luck parking there!

Crazy.

Soldato
Edinburgh is a miserable place during the festival, trying to get to work becomes a painful chore.
Not surprised at the costs going up, if people are willing to pay the prices, you'd be a mug to charge less.

Soldato
Edinburgh is a miserable place during the festival, trying to get to work becomes a painful chore.
Not surprised at the costs going up, if people are willing to pay the prices, you'd be a mug to charge less.

Feel sorry for me, I've worked in the fringe box office for the past 4years! And for an other company before and after the fringe.

Soldato
Edinburghs amazing though :D

I've said it in other threads a couple of times but I genuinely don't get the fascination with Edinburgh. Unless you're into hiking, bitterly cold weather, the sight of tartan anoraks or riding around in extortionate taxis. We've spent a fair few weekends there because of the restaurants and hotels but I couldn't do any longer.

Associate
I've worked in a hostel in Edinburgh for the last two years as a summer job. So many tourists that didn't even know the fringe was on come to Edinburgh and are shocked by the prices. I've heard some hostels charging over £100 per night for their last room!!

Caporegime
Having a look at flats on gumtree as I am thinking about moving, there are loads of flats being advertised as short term lets during the Edinburgh Festival.

Makes me sick what people are prepared to pay for a shoddy flat just because of the location.

Take a look at some of these examples and the cost...

http://www.gumtree.com/p/flats-hous...-3-one-block-from-main-fringe-venues/99490613 < £600 Per Week

http://www.gumtree.com/p/flats-hous...3-bed-flat-near-arthurs-seat-no-fees/97764380 £2500 a month

Guessing this person just advertised the price wrong(hopefully) £620 per week.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/flats-houses/1-bedroom-flat-for-rent-in-edinburghs-grassmarket/95607131 < Learn how to take photos properly?

These are prime locations at the prime time to be in Edinburgh when there is huge demand and relatively little supply. What do you expect.

Back
Top Bottom