Probotector on the Megadrive

Associate
I got the SNES Super Probotector for my 10th birthday back in 1992. At that age I could complete the game on the hardest difficulty and thought nothing of it. 20 years later I cant get past level 4 on easy.

Man of Honour
Grognak - glad to have helped :)

Knives / Nitefly - never played Dynamite Headdy, so I'll have a nose on Youtube to see if anyone has done a recording of it. (will look for Probotector as well while I'm at it!)

It was a great game, really well designed in the sense that each level (and sublevel) had its own special theme and gameplay... And music! As said before though, challenging is an understatement - gamespot use the word 'sadistic' which is more apt. Things started getting hard on the flying stage and getting past the boss 'babyface' was as hard as nails... Everything afterwards was even harder, agh! Gives me the chills just thinking about it! The boss 'twin freaks'.... :eek:

I would probably have to say that metal slug 3 is the hardest game I have ver played though.... Just.

Associate
I got the SNES Super Probotector for my 10th birthday back in 1992. At that age I could complete the game on the hardest difficulty and thought nothing of it. 20 years later I cant get past level 4 on easy.

Ahhhh im like this too mate LOL
I used to be really good at supposed hard games when i was younger even on thier hardest difficulty settings, but since i went past 20 things have gone slowly downhill LOL

Last time i replayed axelay on the snes a few months ago i was positivley shocking and that was a game i found a breeze on hard many years back:eek:

Soldato
haha, super probotector was so amazing back in the day.

me and my friend used to argue who was going to pick up the orange homing rockets, or the blue cluster rockets :p and the flamethrower :D really wanna play it again now.

my favorite map was the one where you had to kill the two robots at the end, who hung from the roof and jumped all over the place. i also really enjoyed the jet bike level :D

Back
Top Bottom