****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Soldato
Can someone give me some guidance to update to Hydrogenics.

I'm currently running GB 2.3.6 rooted with a siyah 2.6.12 kernel.

From reading around I take it I have to flash a ICS rom before flashing the Hydrogenics rom?

Is there a specifc ICS rom to flash first?

Pretty sure it doesn't matter what you're currently on, the instructions certainly don't mention it:

Transfer the zip file you downloaded above to your internal sdcard (not the external micro SD).
Turn off the phone, then boot into recovery mode. For this, press and hold these 3 buttons together until Samsung’s screen shows up: Volume UP+Home+Power.

Phone will boot into CWM recovery. Use volume keys to scroll up and down between options and power/home key to select an option.
Perform a wipe:
Select “wipe data/factory reset”. Then select “Yes” on next screen to confirm. (This will not touch your SD cards so don’t worry).
Go to “advanced” and then select “wipe dalvik cache”, then select “Yes” on next screen. Now, go back to main screen of recovery.

Select “mounts and storage”, then select “format system”. Select “Yes” on next screen to confirm. Go back to main recovery menu after system format is complete.
Then, select “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Then, browse to the file you transferred to the sdcard in step 2 and select it.
Confirm installation on the next screen by selecting the option ”Yes — Install HyDrOXYG3NICS.zip“. The ROM will now start installing.
After installation is complete, select “go back” then select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone.

Soldato
Grrr how is the lock gesture bug still in ICS ><

Maybe 5-10% of the time, the gesture will failure after the second 'circle' so you have to press the power button twice to try again.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got an addon called fox to phone to send links/images to the 'Chrome to phone' app.

Airdroid has a clipboard feature, but obviously you'll have to either A. leave it running or B. start it manually whenever you want to paste something.

Last edited:
Soldato
Transfer the zip file you downloaded above to your internal sdcard (not the external micro SD).
Turn off the phone, then boot into recovery mode. For this, press and hold these 3 buttons together until Samsung’s screen shows up: Volume UP+Home+Power.

Phone will boot into CWM recovery. Use volume keys to scroll up and down between options and power/home key to select an option.
Perform a wipe:
Select “wipe data/factory reset”. Then select “Yes” on next screen to confirm. (This will not touch your SD cards so don’t worry).
Go to “advanced” and then select “wipe dalvik cache”, then select “Yes” on next screen. Now, go back to main screen of recovery.

Select “mounts and storage”, then select “format system”. Select “Yes” on next screen to confirm. Go back to main recovery menu after system format is complete.
Then, select “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Then, browse to the file you transferred to the sdcard in step 2 and select it.
Confirm installation on the next screen by selecting the option ”Yes — Install HyDrOXYG3NICS.zip“. The ROM will now start installing.
After installation is complete, select “go back” then select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone.

ok thanks, I did all that and it seems to be installed ok

I was suprised that after wiping data & formatting system etc that all the folders/file are still on my internal sd card. I expected all that to be gone (including the rom zip at root)

Is that normal?

Last edited:
Associate
Bit of a random one but do you find the power button on the S2 slightly awkward, I find the button isn't very "firm when pressed" and isn't raised much above the case itself.

Sounds really particular, but having had a lock button lodge itself in my old iPhone don't really want a repeat!

Soldato
ok thanks, I did all that and it seems to be installed ok

I was suprised that after wiping data & formatting system etc that all the folders/file are still on my internal sd card. I expected all that to be gone (including the rom zip at root)

Is that normal?

Yus, I believe that's normal :p

Soldato
First problem Ive noticed since having Hydrogenics is I cant explore my external sd card either through phone or when plugged into pc.

I see all the music on it though in the music player.

i've looked for /emmc too but i dont have that path.

Associate
Grrr how is the lock gesture bug still in ICS ><

Maybe 5-10% of the time, the gesture will failure after the second 'circle' so you have to press the power button twice to try again.

Is this actually an issue with the lock screen?

I have the same issue, but I thought it was because another part of my hand was touching the display.

For info, I use my right hand and go from A3 - A2 - B1 and I'm sure it's the base of my thumb, touching the edge of the display.

Soldato
First problem Ive noticed since having Hydrogenics is I cant explore my external sd card either through phone or when plugged into pc.

I see all the music on it though in the music player.

i've looked for /emmc too but i dont have that path.

Use a root explorer and browse to /emmc or /mnt/emmc

Associate
I'm on the latest Hydrogen ICS and using Siyah RC5, and getting quite high Android OS usage. There are no random wakelocks reported by BBS, so not sure what the issue is.

I managed to reduce my Android OS usage by not letting the browser run in the background.

I've always left it in the background without a problem but in ICS roms it kills battery for some reason.

Does everyone update Hydrog3nics without full-wiping? I'm on 10/04 and want to move to 14/04, has anyone experienced any side-effects of no full wipes? I have a real problem with sitting through titanium restores every time I want to update.

Soldato
I managed to reduce my Android OS usage by not letting the browser run in the background.

I've always left it in the background without a problem but in ICS roms it kills battery for some reason.

Does everyone update Hydrog3nics without full-wiping? I'm on 10/04 and want to move to 14/04, has anyone experienced any side-effects of no full wipes? I have a real problem with sitting through titanium restores every time I want to update.

I don't really use the stock browser (I use Opera) so I doubt that that is it, but how did you stock the browser running?

Man of Honour

I've been using hydrogenics since early march and have never done a full wipe before updating, not given me any issues so far.

Back
Top Bottom