• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will i regret buying a 7850?

Associate
Im thinking of buying a sapphire 7850 oc edition when they are back in stock, but will i regret it if nvidia release the 660ti?

the 7850 looks like an amazing card, but a lot of people seem to prefer nvidia's drivers. Are they really that much better?

Permabanned
Not really no, in my experience, I currently own a 580, previous cards were a 560Ti and before that 4890s incl crossfire, the only issue(s) I had were with crossfire on initial release of a game, eg for the first week, best example I can think of was fallout3, when that came out the crossfire support was non existant, I had to disbale crossfire for a week til they patched the game/released new drivers, cant remember which now, but I remember it was only a week which to me is no drama, and its only because I got the game on release day, other than that I've personally never experienced any issues

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Can't say i've had any problems with my 7850.

I must say I DO prefer the look of nvidia's drivers (the control panel etc), but regards to the drivers actually working, no complaints, they are as good as each other.

Back
Top Bottom