***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Soldato
anyone notice black bleed if they turn clock mode on? im getting peed off with this phone. spent ages flashing back to 402 and if i get signal issue again tomorrow this is going in the bin! and im getting another damn phone........grrrrrrrrrrr

Associate
Hi folks,

I have this toy for more than a month now, and I love it very much, trying to get to know each other better...so I pop up here to ask a couple of questions.

When you use a browser to pull up say, media player, you install the media player add-on. Now on Nexus, how do you do that, and by the way what is the name of the browser that comes with the phone? I have this rthk.hk website that I visit most often, and I want to use the online radio, I have real player installed on the Nexus already, but when I click on the real player icon on the website, it doesn't pull up the real player, what do I do any hints?

Another thing is, my Nexus reboot itself out of appraently no reasons at all for 2 times in the last few days, is it virus infected? And by the way, how do you re-install the OS?

Third question: is there anything like a file manager in Android phone, I dont have it on Nexus, where do I find one?

Thanks in advance!

Associate
My Nexus has apparently died. It is completely unresponsive to holding any and all buttons down or to charging.

Sent a text on it last night around 11. Noticed that it was no longer on and plugged it in to charge around 1.30.

Got no response after 5 mins on charge. Left it until the morning and still nothing.

Not looking good. Hope to get someone else's micro USB to see if it's the cable that is failing to charge for some reason. Anyone recommend any further steps?

Vodafone contract. Who do I contact if it needs replacing?

Soldato
Hi folks,

I have this toy for more than a month now, and I love it very much, trying to get to know each other better...so I pop up here to ask a couple of questions.

When you use a browser to pull up say, media player, you install the media player add-on. Now on Nexus, how do you do that, and by the way what is the name of the browser that comes with the phone? I have this rthk.hk website that I visit most often, and I want to use the online radio, I have real player installed on the Nexus already, but when I click on the real player icon on the website, it doesn't pull up the real player, what do I do any hints?

Another thing is, my Nexus reboot itself out of appraently no reasons at all for 2 times in the last few days, is it virus infected? And by the way, how do you re-install the OS?

Third question: is there anything like a file manager in Android phone, I dont have it on Nexus, where do I find one?

Thanks in advance!

you wont have a virus, and if you goto google play (the market) you can download something a program called file manager, there are lots, but i find this to be the best. also make sure you have downloaded flash player, again from the market

My Nexus has apparently died. It is completely unresponsive to holding any and all buttons down or to charging.

Sent a text on it last night around 11. Noticed that it was no longer on and plugged it in to charge around 1.30.

Got no response after 5 mins on charge. Left it until the morning and still nothing.

Not looking good. Hope to get someone else's micro USB to see if it's the cable that is failing to charge for some reason. Anyone recommend any further steps?

Vodafone contract. Who do I contact if it needs replacing?

sorry to hear you have an issue, first off have you pulled the battery for a 30seconds? make sure you do that, and then yeah try a different charger... if it was me i would take the phone to the nearest vodashop, they will deal with it from there and test a few things. But yes you will get the repair done via samsung but you go through vodafone..

Soldato
anyone notice black bleed if they turn clock mode on? im getting peed off with this phone. spent ages flashing back to 402 and if i get signal issue again tomorrow this is going in the bin! and im getting another damn phone........grrrrrrrrrrr

I not notice any bleed.

If you're have signal problems, like I once did with 4.0.4. Your first port of call is flashing a new Radio. If that doesn't work, its time for a new Kernel. I recommend franco kernel as he's implemented a signal fix.

Soldato
battery pull fixes a lot of things, i would not worry unless it does it again, sometimes these things happen, bit like turning the pc off at the wall rather than a soft reboot

ps.. if u have a blackberry a battery pull is a once a week job

Associate
Noticed my first scratch on my screen the other day :( it's about 5mm across in the top left of the screen. Not a clue how I did it :( Fortunately I can only really see it if its bright and sunny and it catches at the right angle. Still damn annoying though.

On another note I've recently notcied that my phone has been restarting randomly by itself. Anyone else have this issue?

Associate
Yup... mine restarts around twice a day... usually when I do something after long idleness. E.g. attempting to snooze a morning alarm or unlocking the screen after a long time. Something that I've had on 4.0.2 and 4.0.4.

Associate
Just had a random thing happen. Been running 4.04 for a little while now but just got a smaller update about 800kb. Still on 4.04 though. Wondering if anyone else has had it and what it was for?

Back
Top Bottom