• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you upgrade to IVY from Sandy

Will you upgrade to IVY from Sandybridge?

• Yes

Votes: 98 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 290 65.8%
  • What's IVY?

Votes: 53 12.0%

• Total voters
Associate
I'm hoping to wait until Haswell, but I'll be willing to upgrade to Ivy Bridge if my 4GHz i5-750 struggles in any of the games I want from now until Haswell's release at some point next year.

Edit: Re-reading the thread title, I don't even have Sandy Bridge! Oops :D

Associate
Nope. My 2600k is more than enough for serious gaming even at stock.
Makes sense for new builders, but not current PCs used purely for gaming, like mine.

...I'm 'new building' on a budget - I'm an AMD convert after the Bulldozer flop and was building an i5 2500k/2550k Z77 rig to replace my Skt 939 +4800 gaming pc.

The improvement should be huge if I go 2500k... I have the Z77 and DDR3 in the post - just waiting to cost my i5 2500K and was caught by your comment "Makes sense for new builders"... WHY?

Associate
...I'm 'new building' on a budget - I'm an AMD convert after the Bulldozer flop and was building an i5 2500k/2550k Z77 rig to replace my Skt 939 +4800 gaming pc.

The improvement should be huge if I go 2500k... I have the Z77 and DDR3 in the post - just waiting to cost my i5 2500K and was caught by your comment "Makes sense for new builders"... WHY?

Makes sense for new builders with older PC's compared to people that already have 2500k/2600k/2700k. New builders will need to read proper reviews of Ivybridge to decide if it makes more sense to them than Sandybridge.

Soldato
If the reviews (which I'm kinda hoping will start appearing online tonight) say I can have an i7 that uses less power, makes less heat, and runs notably faster than my i5... then yes. Photoshop will probably appreciate it even if nothing else does :)

Back
Top Bottom