Vauxhall Corsa C problems!

Soldato
Hey guys,

My car has been cutting out at random times when I have been driving. It only happens every so often and starts up straight a way, but is of course a real pain.

One thing I have read about is the Idle Control Valve and about cleaning it. However I cannot find anywhere that actually says the location of it on a Corsa C.

Do they exist on this model? I know nothing about cars!

Cheers :)

EDIT: Or is this now replaced by the EGR valve?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for the responses. No petrol :)

Have seen some of the other things posted on those sites, but nothing really about Corsa C's. Thought I would try my forum first!

Cheers

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the responses.

As far as I can see it doesn't exist, I have tried searching everywhere on the internet and cannot seem to find anything about them and Corsa C's. I will have another look and take a picture if I have no joy.

Cheers.

Soldato
OP
Could be a sensor on its way out, might be the crank shaft sensor. Common on Corsa C's.

No the EGR valve performs a different function.

zipp0r is pretty much right in the description of the symptoms, the car does basically seem to die only at junctions and when the accelerator pedal is not being used. Could the crank shaft sensor cause this?

At least it clears that up about the EGR valve. From what I read on other websites a lot of people did seem to say the ICV but if the car does not have one then would it be best just to clean the throttle body? Is that a similar thing?

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Associate
It doesn't sound like a crank sensor problem to me, if that was right it would cut out at any time and be difficult to restart. It doesn't have an icv because the butterfly is controlled by the ecu, so yes it is a similar thing.
The carbon builds up in the throttle body so that when you take your foot off the accelerator the butterfly closes to where it thinks it should be but because it is now smaller it's too much and cuts off too much air which causes the engine to stall before it can react.

Associate
Ah, if you don't know where it is, a trip to the garage might be better. However if you feel up to it it's on the intake manifold. Take off the big rubber pipe from the air filter to the manifold and you will see the butterfly, take off that housing. You can clean it with brake cleaner or carb cleaner.

Soldato
The EGR valve can cause this problem and there was a fix on the corsa a while ago. The EGR can stick open when it gets gunked up so when you pull up and the rev's drop the engine is fed hot exhaust gas from the EGR and it can cause it to cut out.

If your cleaning the throttle body I would do the EGR as well as they both Gunk up..

Soldato
OP
The EGR valve can cause this problem and there was a fix on the corsa a while ago. The EGR can stick open when it gets gunked up so when you pull up and the rev's drop the engine is fed hot exhaust gas from the EGR and it can cause it to cut out.

If your cleaning the throttle body I would do the EGR as well as they both Gunk up..

Hi there thanks for the response,

Where abouts is the EGR located on my car? I may as well then by the sound of it!

Thanks again

Soldato
egrls9.jpg

Depending on your engine...

Back
Top Bottom