The Rangers Saga and Fallout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The players go back to standard contracts on 1st June (or so I've heard) so not far away now, then some will be able to walk away (should that be step back?) on cut price deals so anyone buying the club will want to get a deal in quickly.

The current bidders all seem to have their own reasons for not paying the £500k for preferred bidder status. I don't think any announcement will be made until after the SPL meeting on the 30th April to see if any further punishments are coming from the league or from the investigation into dodgy payments. We still don't know when the results of the big tax case appeal are being announced yet do we?

Its a nonsense that they are asked for 500k (non refundable by the way) for preferred status.

Soldato
There is rumours that HMRC have launched an appeal to get them removed and replaced with their administrators.

Liquidation is the only way forward anyway, Haudit and Daudit are only doing what every administrators do, they take what they can for themselves and leave a carcass for the real creditors to fight over.

The full rumour is that they have applies to high court in London. Tell me what can the High Court in London do to remove Admin appointed by a Scottish Court. Hee haw! AFAIK only the Supreme court could over rule Scots law.

Soldato
What are the Rangers fans on here favoured outcome?

1. CVA with obvious longstanding debt restructure with ticketus, but keep the same club name/history etc.

2. Liquidation and newco with short term penalties but starting afresh?

Soldato
Everyone wants CVA as it will more likely keept he team together,but newco will not cost the club its history. Look at other clubs that have liquidated in the past they still have their history intact. For example look at Fiorentina.

Soldato
I agree on that, a club is a club, not what the company registration number is. I think it would be bonkers to go CVA when the penalties for newco wont be that bad but to start again debt free would be massive rather than to be hurt for years to come with ticketus and such like.

Soldato
Time will tell but you are right about club and company. Rangers Football club are 140 years old the company is only 116 years old 2 different entities. But I think CVA is still the best route out as with liquidation you lose 3 years of european football also. Mind you if liquidated I dont think the club would be in any state to compete for european football for at least 3 years at any rate.

Associate
Why do Rangers still owe Ticketus ? Seems to me Whyte got a loan from them to buy Rangers, so why are they not chasing him for the ££££ ?

Also I'm sure when they went into administration, the "big" case outcome was imminent then, why's it all taking so long ?

Soldato
Why do Rangers still owe Ticketus ? Seems to me Whyte got a loan from them to buy Rangers, so why are they not chasing him for the ££££ ?

Also I'm sure when they went into administration, the "big" case outcome was imminent then, why's it all taking so long ?

Ticketus are confident that their deal is binding, they are not a normal creditor, if people dont deal directly with ticketus then they will still have to give up the season ticket money over x amount of years since they are supposedly for future sales. If Rangers can get them written off as a normal creditor then it would be in their interest as they could be added to the list of regular creditors.

Whyte has said he has a personal guarantee over ticketus, but I suspect he doesnt have anything of the sort otherwise they would indeed do that.

Don
My understanding is that Ticketus/Whyte had pre-agreed the deal prior to him actually buying the club that Rangers would then sell them the season tickets, as Rangers needed the money to payoff the bank to make them go away.

Soldato
BBC just reporting that "Rangers owner Craig Whyte banned for life from Scottish football, and 12-month transfer embargo imposed on the club". Going to be fun once the bidders find out and what will happen to Whyte's shares? :eek:

Soldato
Fantastic, some decent punishment at last. What was the transfer embargo imposed for?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17821054

Full punishment including Rangers fined £160k and Whyte £200k. Story is just saying it's for seven rule breaches but not what they were yet and punishment can be appealed. Oh and punishment would be applied to any newco unless they bought over another club directly.

Associate
What was Craig Whytes master plan? Sell of future sales Of season tickets to buy club then hope to settle with HMRC? Then sell for profit? I fail to see how and why such an experienced and savvy businessman got himself into all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom