Who here owns a Subaru?

Associate
Love the current one. Was it you that got carjacked a few years ago?

SneakyPeakys (IIRC) old Impreza is my fave.

Yes, was me indeed. :cool:

Had a WRX, Forester and STi, all modded to the hilt. Am now out of the whole Scooby / modding scene completely but could be tempted to post some pics with a little encouragement ;)

Do miss them but cost me an absolute fortune over the years..

Associate
I just picked up a 2008 Liberty (legacy) 3.0r Spec.B this weekend & loving it. Plenty fast for me, out here in Aus Subbies are pretty common cant recall seeing many when I lived in the UK.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
Oh blob eye STI ppp how i miss you :(

T9L_0488_HR.jpg

P1070271.jpg

Associate
my first scooby [non turbo] and then got hooked

side1.jpg

then my red sti what a beast that was

scoobynewwheels.jpg

then got a wrx :)

sideofcar.jpg

then had a full respray done :D

newside.jpg

rearnewscooby.jpg

now got a vaux veccy

but want a scooby miss my old 1 so much :D

Associate
Had a test drive of an RB320 at the weekend. After being bitterly dissapointed with my frist ever drive of a standard Hawkeye STI (or any Impreza for that matter), the RB320 was night and day. The acceleration was effortless, almost to the point of being too easy if that makes sense, i.e. it lacked fun because it wasnt being ragged about. Sadly the RB320 is out of my budget.

Still deciding between a MK5 Golf R32 or Hawkeye STI with PPP.

Two very different motors - too many pros and cons for each to make a decision easy :(

Soldato
OP
I bought a Subaru Impreza RX 07 at the weekend to run the dog around in, i wonder if you guys could help tho, on the dash it has a green POWER light that flashes and the engine lights on constant, the guy i got it off said it needs a MAF air flow sensor and it will be alright, does this sound right to fix the problem? ive got no experience with Subaru's

Never heard of a POWER light? Is it an automatic? Did you buy it with the engine light on? The engine light could mean anything, so a bit too easy to say it is the MAF sensor. You need to plug in a code reader and find out why the engine light is on..

Oh blob eye STI ppp how i miss you :(

What do you miss more though? This or the Evo? :confused:

Had a test drive of an RB320 at the weekend. After being bitterly dissapointed with my frist ever drive of a standard Hawkeye STI (or any Impreza for that matter), the RB320 was night and day. The acceleration was effortless, almost to the point of being too easy if that makes sense, i.e. it lacked fun because it wasnt being ragged about. Sadly the RB320 is out of my budget.

Still deciding between a MK5 Golf R32 or Hawkeye STI with PPP.

Two very different motors - too many pros and cons for each to make a decision easy :(

I still think you need to get yourself into a late Blobeye STi with PPP (or some mods) or a JDM hawkeye. I personally wouldn't touch the UK 2.5 equipped cars. I just don't rate how they feel to drive, nor do I trust their reliability.

Associate
Thanks ScoobyDoo, your last advice was invaluable. I have my eyes out for a JDM hawkeye. One for sale in the entire UK right now, wrong colour nad mileage though.

Seen a beauty a while back, a JDM Hawk in white. Very rare. Problem was, 200 mile drive and the price... £17K. The seller (garage) clearly knew what they had.

Associate
Yes, was me indeed. :cool:

Had a WRX, Forester and STi, all modded to the hilt. Am now out of the whole Scooby / modding scene completely but could be tempted to post some pics with a little encouragement ;)

Do miss them but cost me an absolute fortune over the years..

Ok ok, stop the badgering I give in lol, some pics from the archive ;)

The WRX just before I sold it, still with the genuine spec c wing and a couple of carbon fibre bits but after I took off all the horrible stickers (what was I thinking!)

Scoob019.jpg

Scoob008.jpg

Then on to the Forester, started out as a UK 2.5 FXT but then I got it into my head that I would try and morph it into a Jap STi so many parts replaced and much money spent. Did love the car though..

CIMG0135.jpg

fozeditedgd1.jpg

Fozshoot034.jpg

And finally the STi, fabulous car and a modification list as long as your arm, but completely impractical for what I needed and an absolute money pit. Loved every minute of it though.

scoobynew002.jpg

scoobynew005.jpg

scoobynew004.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
EVIsSA
Thanks ScoobyDoo, your last advice was invaluable. I have my eyes out for a JDM hawkeye. One for sale in the entire UK right now, wrong colour nad mileage though.

Seen a beauty a while back, a JDM Hawk in white. Very rare. Problem was, 200 mile drive and the price... £17K. The seller (garage) clearly knew what they had.

Go test drive an older 2.0 model STi. They are much more exciting to drive. Either that or find a 2.5 STi which has had a decent engine rebuild to a decent spec. Only then are they good.

I know you may prefer the looks of the hawkeye, but honestly a good late blobeye STi is a great car with some minor mods! Or even better a JDM blobeye. Again not many available, but not massively different from a JDM hawk (that you'd notice on the road at least.)

Sneaky, my fav car of yours was the "Fozzy" by quite a margin. Looked fantastic ! The STi was great too, but I have a soft spot for the Foresters.

Associate
My first was a 1998 type R:

Image0616Large.jpg

Until it ended up looking a bit more like this:

082.jpg

My new JDM STI:

P1010298Large.jpg

P1010299Large.jpg

P1010295Large.jpg

P1010305Large.jpg

(no, my wheels arent curbed, thats where my tyres were just changed :p

Last edited:
Associate
My RB5, poor engine has had a hard life but made it to 110k so it's getting swapped for a forged 2 litre with an 18g, FMIC, various other bits and with a Bob Rawle remap to the SimTek it should be very fun :D

main.php

main.php

Soldato
OP
Tobias, great choice of motor. I follow your thread on Scoobynet :D

miller745, I love RB5s! Sounds like you have a lot planned for it. I hope a 6 Speed is in there somewhere ;) Or uprated box at least!

Last edited:
Soldato
Used to love them when I was 17 but I went off them as I got older. My friend is a lifelong fan and according to him "only one worth owning is an RB something or other" He has quite a rare one apparently but as I'm not a fan I don't know what it is. My fave one he had was an older one called a P1.

Associate
Thanks scoob.

Between the 2 I have owned, I couldnt tell you which I prefer. I think the ideal choice would be a type R with the engine or power from my JDM. The type R was more lively, must be to do with its weight.

Back
Top Bottom