Guild Wars 2

Permabanned
So it's likely to be a genuine key. But to be honest, paying £7 for a weekend of play is not that good a value for money I think.

I agree with that. If people aren't yet interested enough to pre purchase, why would they pay £7 just for a weekend beta? Just wait until after the game launches, watch videos in the meantime and even wait until there's a trial.

Associate
He's actually in Guild Wars 1. Sorrow's Furnace is an active area that you can visit, and he's sat right in the middle of the furnace. You do need the quest Final Assault active though, and it's also a good excuse to get the Black Moa mini Pet (yes it's a green mini pet).

Of course he's been updated for GW2, but he's still quite nasty in GW1 if you're unprepared.

Permabanned
I used to farm sorrows furnace like a religion and got the full set of elementalist green weapons from there. But I don't remember the boss. Got the full completion in my HoM too because I actually hadn't even turned the completed quest in for over 3 years lol.

Associate
The CE is a rip off in the UK though, in the US its $90 more for all the extra stuff, which isn't as bad. In the UK its basically £90 more for the extras.

USA - $60 SE, $150 CE
UK - £40 SE, £130 CE .....

Australia - $200 for the CE :x

Yeah well just be glad you don't live here; even normal games in the high street are $80+ (my friend even paid $110 for BF3 on the 360). So actually relatively, the Australian CE has the least markup % :rolleyes:

Having said that, I'm glad I could buy the SE for $60 off guildwars2.com

Associate
For anyone with the old Beta client, if you open it up it will update to the new launcher, automatically delete the .bat file and begin downloading the new .bat file for this weekend. Looking like the download is around 25gb though if the launcher is accurate.

Associate
For anyone with the old Beta client, if you open it up it will update to the new launcher, automatically delete the .bat file and begin downloading the new .bat file for this weekend. Looking like the download is around 25gb though if the launcher is accurate.

I do wish they would allow you to download the bulk of the file separate from the patcher, could leave it happily downloading over night on my NAS outside of the metered download hours of my ISP :(

Soldato
25 jiggly bites for the beta?! That's 36 hours of downloading at home for me.. I can't even fit that in to my off-peak allocation before it arrives! It better be the actual client too.

Back
Top Bottom