*** The official HTC One X thread ***

Caporegime
The LED notification light on the One X is about as useless as they come...firstly its too small and even when its on my desk next to me, half the time i dont see it flash....the only phone that has got the notification lights spot on is Blackberry;):p. Not only that with a certain app on the BB, you can have a range of colours, my personal fave is the Police LED SOS on my BB9900...which flashes red and blue quickly and brightly. I swear its so bright that it almosts blinds me:p

EDIT: Pretty much what Nexus18 posted about his thoughts on the HTC LED notifications is how i feel...dont see the point of it in all honesty if they are going to make it so unassuming etc.

Man of Honour
Works fine in the dark :) Really tho seems ok to me in normal indoors conditions, can't think of what extra colours would do for me, I see it lit up I assume I need to check the phone for something.

Soldato
Hi folks.

Recently upgraded from an HTC Desire running MIUI to a new HTC One X.

However I miss the pull down notification bar control toggles that you got as standard with MIUI that allowed you to adjust brightness, wifi, volume etc and would like it back on the stock One X.

Anyone know of an app that does this kind of thing??

Thanks

ck

Associate
Hi folks.

However I miss the pull down notification bar control toggles that you got as standard with MIUI that allowed you to adjust brightness, wifi, volume etc and would like it back on the stock One X.

Thanks

ck

Power control Plus is what I use.

Associate
Although the LED isn't as flexible on the One X as the Desire, I only really miss the blue colour. I'm sure when custom ROMs are more established there will be better control over tehflashing and/or pulsing.

As for brightness, I've had absolutely no issues seeing it flash. I suippose it depends on how far away your phone is from you.

Associate
Hi folks.

Thanks

ck
We use Quick Settings on our Desire's, a long press of the search button brings it up and it does the job!

Associate
I'm getting the Grey strobe light effect on my HOX... I know there's loads of threads already running for this on XDA...

I'm not sure if I should return the phone... I spoke to HTC and Carphone Warehouse and they said I can just get a new handset instore...

Man of Honour
One does not simply 'disable' HTC Sense! :p

I wouldn't worry about the RAM though, as long as you have a bit free it shouldn't impact performance.

Soldato
One does not simply 'disable' HTC Sense! :p

I wouldn't worry about the RAM though, as long as you have a bit free it shouldn't impact performance.

Just out of interest Robbo, do you have this screen flickering issue with yours?

What is the chance of the one I'm getting having the issue, as I haven't actually ordered it yet as it is out of stock

I'm slightly worried if that is what I want now lol

Also what do you think about the battery life of yours? Better than your 9900? :D

Man of Honour
Just out of interest Robbo, do you have this screen flickering issue with yours?

What is the chance of the one I'm getting having the issue, as I haven't actually ordered it yet as it is out of stock

I'm slightly worried if that is what I want now lol

Also what do you think about the battery life of yours? Better than your 9900? :D

I don't have the screen issue. I'd say it's unlikely that you'll have a problem, most people are fine. Every phone released in recent years has had some issue or another, it's nothing out of the ordinary (it just can be annoying).

As for the battery, considering the battery life on the 9900 is pretty bad for a BlackBerry, I'd say they are similar. Obviously the One X will drop quicker with the screen on, but with the screen off it should be quite a bit better.

Soldato
I don't have the screen issue. I'd say it's unlikely that you'll have a problem, most people are fine. Every phone released in recent years has had some issue or another, it's nothing out of the ordinary (it just can be annoying).

As for the battery, considering the battery life on the 9900 is pretty bad for a BlackBerry, I'd say they are similar. Obviously the One X will drop quicker with the screen on, but with the screen off it should be quite a bit better.

Okay, that's good then, hopefully mine will be OK as other than that it sounds like a really good phone :)

My 9900 has a poor battery compared to my brothers one, that is one of the reasons I am having it replaced, so hopefully it will be better than 'my' 9900 lol, I hope so anyway as my brothers 9900 battery is OK, (EDIT) so if it matches his BB battery performance (lasts almost a couple of days without a charge I think) then it should be OK. How long can you go without charging your One X with just general usage?

Thanks for your help (Y)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Okay, that's good then, hopefully mine will be OK as other than that it sounds like a really good phone :)

My 9900 has a poor battery compared to my brothers one, that is one of the reasons I am having it replaced, so hopefully it will be better than 'my' 9900 lol, I hope so anyway as my brothers 9900 battery is OK, so if it matches his BB battery performance (lasts almost a couple of days without a charge I think) then it should be OK. How long can you go without charging your One X with just general usage?

I posted some battery info a bit ago, it's improved a little bit since then as well (and future updates should improve it further still, there are some power management issues currently):

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=21703689&postcount=1735

I'm not sure what you are getting from your 9900 and how much you are using it.

Soldato

My 9900 has a poor battery compared to my brothers one, that is one of the reasons I am having it replaced, so hopefully it will be better than 'my' 9900 lol, I hope so anyway as my brothers 9900 battery is OK, (EDIT) so if it matches his BB battery performance (lasts almost a couple of days without a charge I think) then it should be OK. How long can you go without charging your One X with just general usage?

Thanks for your help (Y)

2 days light use, any more than that and its a charge daily affair. Pretty much the same as most handsets in the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom