The Rangers Saga and Fallout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Soldato
At least the punishments set a vague hard line president to melt down clubs, transfer embargo really means to the club to take responsibility for its own actions and the crooks that they put in charge (selling season ticket revenue futures really is stupidity).

Lafferty has fallen out with McCoist. Suspended for two weeks and banned from Ibrox for the last 2 remaining home games of the season according to The Sun.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sco...-Kyle-gets-the-boot-after-Coisty-bust-up.html

That's really weird! Has to be more to it than the Sun knows, unless one/both of them have a massive attitude problem.

Soldato
SFA are a complete joke.

Isn't it their job to see who is allowed to own one of their member clubs? How can it be the club's responsiblity when "the club" as an entity has no say on who owns it.

It's like blaming the car for it's owner....

Caporegime
With this transfer embargo isn't Rangers fate pretty much sealed? I mean who'd want to buy a club that you can't even improve for a year, never mind all the rest of the **** to goes a long with it.

Soldato
because the sfa didnt check out whyte they punish rangers, decent punisnment ?

Its really not up to the SFA to check out Whyte, its up to the sellers of the club at the time to make sure they are selling to a fit and proper person.

This is the first of the three big penalties that will affect Rangers massively, the tax case and the contracts case could well see them beaten so badly there is no coming back from it.

Don
Aye Rangers would need to do some due diligence in the sale.

The only joke about the SFA is it took them so long to pull the finger out. It seems they only actually did something when the **** finally hit the fan and they had to be seen to actually do something rather than turn a blind eye.

Before that they felt all that was required was to ask a guy that had lied about being banned as a director if he had been banned. You couldn't make it up.

Soldato
Watching the downfall of Rangers is comedy gold. The denial of many of their fans on internet forums must go down in history. It's everyone's fault bar theirs.

The quicker they are liquidated, the better. I did feel sympathetic to them but as each day unravels more comedy gold, I have no ounce of sympathy for them whatsoever.

Apologies to legitimate non bigoted Rangers fans, but the majority have let you down...massively.

Soldato
I think the big thing is they just dont think they should be punished, talk of boycotts, walks, spoiling the cup final etc etc - they have dodged tax, cheated clubs out of money and its coming home to roost. They have got off light so far.

Its huge point and laugh material. Rangers Media forum is hilarious, heres some of the current topics.

- Resign from this league and register ourselves in the English set up
- Away Game Boycott Next Season- Are you in favour?
- The Billy Boys (talk of how they intend to sign it at Parkhead this weekend)
- 1pm walk out during old firm game and march onto Hampden

And a whole lot of others of similar tone

Associate
that really is funny was watching ssnews there and the fans are outraged with the transfer embargo how can they expect to buy players when they owe loads of other teams cash.

rafster is right comedy gold

Associate
I think the big thing is they just dont think they should be punished, talk of boycotts, walks, spoiling the cup final etc etc - they have dodged tax, cheated clubs out of money and its coming home to roost. They have got off light so far.

Its huge point and laugh material. Rangers Media forum is hilarious, heres some of the current topics.

- Resign from this league and register ourselves in the English set up
- Away Game Boycott Next Season- Are you in favour?
- The Billy Boys (talk of how they intend to sign it at Parkhead this weekend)
- 1pm walk out during old firm game and march onto Hampden

And a whole lot of others of similar tone

Away game boycott next season? Poor East Stirling, Montrose, Elgin etc. Cant see what they have done wrong :p

Associate
haha ,coming from you guys thats rich, would you care to point where ive done this ?

i would rather die with our history than live with celtics , thats a fact.

google jim torrbet , then we can go on to speakers corner if you wish and discuss it, dont need lectures on morality from celtic fans !

As I said, you'll likely get your wish. Enjoy !

Soldato
Now they're going to boycott sponsors of the SPL/SFA, and turn up to Hampden to marr the Scottish Cup Final. Celtic were at least sensible with their business model by spending within their means.

Rangers are just not commercially viable for any potential owner (in their current state). They need a multimillionaire/billionaire willing to lose a large sum of money. Or wait, they have already been there before....

It's a shame really because many other Scottish clubs have spent years operating modestly, and you have to wonder what it would have been like if Rangers operated similiarly.

Soldato
We'll see who has the last laugh in this. SFA has known about Whyte since Oct 2011 yet it waits until the final bids are being prepared to take action.

The timing is awful. Also transfer embargo for 12 months knowing that the current squad can contractually walk in May is a complete joke. It will be interesting to read their report into this I hope it's public as their decisions and the timing of them is shocking....

Soldato
We'll see who has the last laugh in this. SFA has known about Whyte since Oct 2011 yet it waits until the final bids are being prepared to take action.

The timing is awful. Also transfer embargo for 12 months knowing that the current squad can contractually walk in May is a complete joke. It will be interesting to read their report into this I hope it's public as their decisions and the timing of them is shocking....

Do you think its right Rangers could sign players when they still owe clubs hundreds of thousands of pounds on players they have since profited from?

The SFA are part of UEFA and they will make sure that Rangers are punished accordingly, they have got off pretty lightly so far considering the possible punishments they could have had.

Soldato

Craig Whyte is almost a scapegoat in this. Rangers were effectively ran at a loss for years, and to add to that, seemingly were (illegally) avoiding tax. He only did the inevitable in putting the club in Administration. Maybe his intentions were to profit, maybe not, but it is somewhat irrelevant in that Rangers Football Club are not in a healthy state financially, and have broken rules.

As it stands, the club is still running at a monthly loss (wasn't it less than £1m revenue vs £4m expenditure per month, excluding all significant liabilities?)

There is no "bad timing". Rangers more than deserve to be punished. If the tax cases are proven, then there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever. There should be no leniency for tax evasion. If you or I fragrantly avoided tax for years and get caught, it's not uncommon to be jailed and made examples for avoiding tax, so should Rangers.

All Rangers fans are blaming the wrong guys IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom