The Rangers Saga and Fallout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
darryl king spoke on clyde last night about all the morall crusaders who just want rangers dead ,theres quite a few on here spouting the same nonsence, at least have the baws to admit where you stand.

@mark, how can you have transparency as the sfa claims when you keep the panel members secret?

Soldato
@ Jas 72

So what punishment would you deem fair and reasonable for Rangers' trangressions of the SFA's rules?

How can I answer this without knowing what the charges were ...."bringing the game into disrepute is very vague." shall we see the full findings of Lord Nimmo and the full findings of this independent panel?

I'm not arguing the fine I'm arguing the timing of such events, the 2nd such announcement that has came from SFA/SPL just before finalisation of the offers.

It could have been handled so much better.

The embargo could have been in place until Rangers had paid their footballing debts, it could have been suspended until Rangers had come out of administration.

Like I said the first time it could have been coincidence that the other 10 SPL clubs decided to change the rules on the day final offers were being presented and then waiting 2 weeks before voting on these changes.

However now again is it just again coincidence that as Rangers are again finalising bids for a takeover the SFA pronounce their "what I consider" over the top transfer embargo, which I bet will be successfully appealed or amended?

I and many fans don't buy it.

I agree that Rangers PLC under the ownership of it's present owner Mr Whyte have acted in a disgraceful manner but the players, staff and fans have not. Why should I feel any remorse for something which can be placed at the door of one man and one man alone.

I do feel pity for those that will lose out through his actions but the SPL/SFA seem hell bent on stalling negotiations but to what end? Well the end may be liquidation but we all know that if Rangers don't transfer to a new owner soon they will have a points deduction next season as well. Who will that benefit, whose interest is it to see that Rangers suffer a points deduction next year?

Like others have said other clubs in Scotland have went into administration and never had this transfer embargo placed for 12 months. Why only Rangers?

Associate
darryl king spoke on clyde last night about all the morall crusaders who just want rangers dead ,theres quite a few on here spouting the same nonsence, at least have the baws to admit where you stand.

@mark, how can you have transparency as the sfa claims when you keep the panel members secret?

Rangers need to be punished for the rule breaks that have happened.

Rangers or indeed Darryl King cant talk about moral crusaders when it appears most Rangers fans would prefer the immoral way out of shafting creditors and keeping their place at the top table, with no penalties.

Do you actually think any members of the panel want their name published? Do you live in Glasgow? Seriously, they would need to move to a safehouse even if their decision was justified.

Permabanned
Sad to see a club die but football is still a business at the end of the day, some of the fans are utter utter scum, what they did in Manchester, cleaning shops of beer, urianting everywhere, attacking police.

Lot of many people will lose jobs behind the scenes but when I look at the ex owner and his cheesy smug grin, ugh.

Soldato
The punishments are not for only going into administration, it is for various rule breaks.

Yup like the rules

Rule 66: No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, referee, or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall bring the game into disrepute.

Very Vague

Rule 71: A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football and shall not act in any manner which is improper.

Isn't this rule the same as 66?

:(

Yet the panel found the case not proven of

Rule 1 (b): All members shall:
(b) be subject to and comply with the Articles and any statutes, regulations, directives, codes, decisions and International Match Calendar promulgated by the Board, the Professional Game Board, the Non Professional Game Board, the Judicial Panel, a Committee or sub-committee, FIFA, UEFA or the Court of Arbitration for Sport;

Is this some sort of joke?

Like I said it's just been created to stall the takeover until next season to give other clubs an advantage...

Soldato

Im happy to admit Id love to see Rangers dead. Its a panel, the guys have already been outed and no doubt will suffer intolerable abuse.

How can I answer this without knowing what the charges were ...."bringing the game into disrepute is very vague." shall we see the full findings of Lord Nimmo and the full findings of this independent panel?

I'm not arguing the fine I'm arguing the timing of such events, the 2nd such announcement that has came from SFA/SPL just before finalisation of the offers.

It could have been handled so much better.

The embargo could have been in place until Rangers had paid their footballing debts, it could have been suspended until Rangers had come out of administration.

Like I said the first time it could have been coincidence that the other 10 SPL clubs decided to change the rules on the day final offers were being presented and then waiting 2 weeks before voting on these changes.

However now again is it just again coincidence that as Rangers are again finalising bids for a takeover the SFA pronounce their "what I consider" over the top transfer embargo, which I bet will be successfully appealed or amended?

I and many fans don't buy it.

I agree that Rangers PLC under the ownership of it's present owner Mr Whyte have acted in a disgraceful manner but the players, staff and fans have not. Why should I feel any remorse for something which can be placed at the door of one man and one man alone.

I do feel pity for those that will lose out through his actions but the SPL/SFA seem hell bent on stalling negotiations but to what end? Well the end may be liquidation but we all know that if Rangers don't transfer to a new owner soon they will have a points deduction next season as well. Who will that benefit, whose interest is it to see that Rangers suffer a points deduction next year?

Like others have said other clubs in Scotland have went into administration and never had this transfer embargo placed for 12 months. Why only Rangers?

No it's not.

You do realise you couldnt sign anyone in administration anyway so whats the point in postponing it until administration is finished.

Rangers have signed players and sold them on without paying off the original team they signed for multiple times, they were rightly banned from conducting any futher transfer business for a year. These clubs could potentially lose on on money if they go into liquidation and will never see it, crucially including Scottish clubs, its an embarrassment to the SFA with UEFA that one of our clubs has done this.

There is no agenda, there is no Celtic agenda to cripple Rangers, its pure and simply Rangers being punished for mismanagement for many years, well before Whyte ever came on board (although I appreciate he has made matters worse).

Soldato
Yup like the rules

Rule 66: No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, referee, or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall bring the game into disrepute.

Very Vague

Rule 71: A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football and shall not act in any manner which is improper.

Isn't this rule the same as 66?

:(

Yet the panel found the case not proven of

Rule 1 (b): All members shall:
(b) be subject to and comply with the Articles and any statutes, regulations, directives, codes, decisions and International Match Calendar promulgated by the Board, the Professional Game Board, the Non Professional Game Board, the Judicial Panel, a Committee or sub-committee, FIFA, UEFA or the Court of Arbitration for Sport;

Is this some sort of joke?

Like I said it's just been created to stall the takeover until next season to give other clubs an advantage...

What other clubs does it give an advantage to? (please dont say Celtic as Rangers would be crippled anyway).

Soldato
What if this has put off the potential bidders?

What happens next?

All of you gloating have you watched the league of Ireland.

Celtic talking about Europe LOL without SKY money you can forget it, think Celtic PLC will plough cash into the club to win the league next season by 50 points? Think they'll go into debt (no SKY money) no sponsorship etc to finance a euro team? Any idea how much Celtic make from the 2 old firm games at parkhead at 42 quid per ticket + corporate and tv sales? Think their current squad will stay when the league is over by January 2013 and they are out of Europe by Mid August 2012?

Have fun laughing guys like I said we'll see who laughs last.

Soldato
Yeah, it will not be Rangers fans thats for sure.

To be honest, it may well affect Celtic quite badly, the rest of us will get on just fine as we always have regardless of what division we are in.

The clubs are a lot bigger than the league of Ireland clubs for starters so thats a nonsense argument.

Associate
its pure and simply Rangers being punished for mismanagement for many years, well before Whyte ever came on board (although I appreciate he has made matters worse).
no its not , you just made that up,the five charges are in relation to their finances and the appointment of Craig Whyte as chairman.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, it will not be Rangers fans thats for sure.

To be honest, it may well affect Celtic quite badly, the rest of us will get on just fine as we always have regardless of what division we are in.

The clubs are a lot bigger than the league of Ireland clubs for starters so thats a nonsense argument.
total tosh , the spl will collapse without sky money not to mention gate reciepts, sky are infact paying for 4 glasgow dearbys a year.

not all are against us , http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/news_deta...-PRESS-REPORTS-RE-SPL-AND-RANGERS&newsid=2293

Last edited:
Soldato
Its disgusting by McCoist, he had been dealing with it pretty well and with a bit of dignity until the last week, he's falling apart now.
Dont talk so much rubbish.

"disgusting" to want to know who it is that is putting the last few nails in the coffin? Get away with yourself. :confused:

Would love to see anyone who wouldn't "fall apart" at the prospect of there beloved club, job and life being so close to death, its not called "falling apart"
Its called passion!!!!!

Soldato
You living in a dream world? If there are no Rangers, there are no big money deals in Scotland, less likely to attract reasonable named players, the game as a whole would suffer.

As for St.mirren, 9th position? aye, that's just fine :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom