Show Us Your Motors!

olv

olv

Soldato
pft... Boyfriend got it for her.

This your daily ride? :(

No, I don't really need a car so it only gets used for pleasure (oo-er). This is my daily ride.
feltz6.jpg

Associate
Graffiti tunnel is a great place for photo-shoots.

Its a good drive, has good character and you get awesome shots. It changes every-time you go there.

I may be next to two fiestas... Wow big deal.... What are they going to do ? Bite me ?

Associate
Looking at his list of mods I'm pretty sure the golf wasnt running the standard 225bhp for a KO4 turbo and these are mapped to 265bhp normally so the Golf would certainly have an advantage as far as power to weight is concerned.

Acceleration wise yes. But a VXR can beat me past 120-140Mph. I have a G60 gearbox with ratios suited for acceleration not top speed. (cant use it in this country anyway)

I forgot to mention I have the Quaife LSD :p

Man of Honour
It's not going to 'destroy' it though, is it?

Re-read the post where did I say it would destroy it I said it would have a power to weight advantage, as we all know that isnt everything as the Golf will without a doubt struggle for grip on a hard launch and have much shorter gearing than a monaro. The golf would probably be quicker on track and upto an 1/8 mile but I'm sure the monaro will gain a fair bit of pace from then on

Acceleration wise yes. But a VXR can beat me past 120-140Mph. I have a G60 gearbox with ratios suited for acceleration not top speed. (cant use it in this country anyway)

I forgot to mention I have the Quaife LSD :p

How much power is/was it running? I'm assuming closer to 300+ as your running 550cc injectors and a DTA ecu

Last edited:
Caporegime
Re-read the post where did I say it would destroy it I said it would have a power to weight advantage, as we all know that isnt everything as the Golf will without a doubt struggle for grip on a hard launch and have much shorter gearing than a monaro. The golf would probably be quicker on track and upto an 1/8 mile but I'm sure the monaro will gain a fair bit of pace from then on

The point I am disputing is the alleged 'destruction' - I don't care who will edge it up to 60mph and who has faster quarter mile times, a 1.8t Golf is not going to "DESTROY" a 400bhp RWD car in ANY circumstance.

If you want me to cite the meaning of destroy, I am more than happy to. The Golf would destroy my 1.6 Focus, It'd need about 600bhp before it make anything like a Monaro look like it was going backwards.

Again, emphasis on destroy, in case you missed it.

Man of Honour
Weight 1000kg
Power 225bhp

Taken from the power thread.

In that case with no disrespect dabbsy it seems rather over modified for 225bhp.

Any 20v 1.8T with a KO4 will easily make 260bhp if not more, yet his has forged internals, larger than stock injectors and 'proper' standalone ECU and is running stock power for an engine fitted with that partcular turbo as standard

The point I am disputing is the alleged 'destruction' - I don't care who will edge it up to 60mph and who has faster quarter mile times, a 1.8t Golf is not going to "DESTROY" a 400bhp RWD car in ANY circumstance.

If you want me to cite the meaning of destroy, I am more than happy to. The Golf would destroy my 1.6 Focus, It'd need about 600bhp before it make anything like a Monaro look like it was going backwards.

Again, emphasis on destroy, in case you missed it.

I never said anything about destroying though? I quoted your post replying to somebody else about destroying it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom