VIP Clubs - Question?

Associate
When they say there is a VIP area in a club I understand you pay extra rather than being an actual VIP. However VIP nights in clubs I just don't understand here.

I originally come from the north east and don't understand the southern (London) attitude towards clubs with "VIPS Only" nights where entry is entirely exclusive? You apparently pay between £20-£50 just to ENTER the club pre-booked and in advance, plus drinks on top. My question? Why not just go onto the next club and save your money?

Its been a discussion between a friend and I both being from opposite ends of England. He always insists on going into these clubs, maybe its a bit beyond me? Am I missing something?

daz

daz

Soldato
If you're talking about guestlist only clubs, it's a question of exclusivity.

It generally revolves around getting rich guys in to buy tables and bottle service, and getting very good looking girls in for free. The ratio of girls to guys in some of these clubs is ridiculous, and there won't be an ug or a fatty in sight.

Associate
it weeds out the scabby people as people have invested a lot of money (for club entry) to have a good night.

it's not always the case but normally it's a better collection of people.

Soldato
it weeds out the scabby people as people have invested a lot of money (for club entry) to have a good night.

Actually a worse collection of people. Gold digging harpies, and men who want a gold digging trophy harpy.

Man of Honour

Dunno about a better collection of people, but you tend to get people of means and people who've paid a lot of money to be there so you don't get as much trouble as you'd normally get in a club and people overall are a bit more professional in dealing with other people.

Caporegime
Can't say I've heard of 'VIP only' nights - sounds pretty dire... but what you've described could certainly apply to any number of clubs in the west end on any night of the week.

Personally I tend to avoid the West end but I'd certainly not advise paying £20-£50 entry - you're likely much better off simply grabbing a promoter (they're all over the place) and getting a table, you can then avoid the queue and avoid the entry fee.

You'll get a lot of douchebags in these places but you'll also tend to get some rather attractive looking women, and they are generally fairly 'liberal'.

Associate
Dunno about a better collection of people, but you tend to get people of means and people who've paid a lot of money to be there so you don't get as much trouble as you'd normally get in a club and people overall are a bit more professional in dealing with other people.

You do get as much trouble. but the door staff are a lot more discrete in dealing with it. People don't want the publicity.
Despite what you say, money can buy you out of most things....

Back
Top Bottom