What's the hardest mathematical thing you know?

Soldato
Differential equations ( last bit of integration C4). I imagine it's the same for most people on here.

Exactly where I got too.

Never found a sensible use for it though :(

My Stats 1 module though has been a gold mine of reports, uni work and disproving lecturers for their mad (read TERRIBLE) use of statistics on nationalism.

Soldato
[GD]Shayper.[/GD]

I did the Differential Equations, but did Matrices last year which I think is technically FP1/2 level.

My general 'stats' knowledge vastly outweighs my maths knowledge though. DW tests, F-Tests, T-Tests, Gauss Markov Theorem's etc... A lot of Econometrics basically.

kd

Permabanned
Maths is entirely overrated......it has no real-world application whatsover and we would be all better off learning something constructive, something like pancake tossing.

I was going to leave the 's' off Maths, but didn't want to overdo it......

/troll.

Don
I remember doing something at university to do with Gauss and magnetic flux, but on top of that stuff like Laplace and Fourier transforms I could never get my head round. Long forgotten though.

Soldato
For me, control engineering with transforms, laplace, fourier etc.

It's just taught to us by someone with poor English, in parrot form.

Soldato
At uni I studied a lot of Artificial Intelligence stuff, I understood the concepts quite easily in comparison to the maths that they go into. E.g. For bio-inspired computing would cover how neural networks can be used to learn patterns, and how 'energy' stabilises. Computer vision was probably the most intensive, with one of the hardest stuff to grasp was how to recognise 'depth' in an image using all sorts of algorithms.

Back
Top Bottom