Boomerang Game Rentals

Soldato
Hi

Looking for a game rental service, came across this one that offer 1 game a month for 3.99 which suits me but wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? or can offer any alternatives other than lovefilm?

Associate
I used them a long time ago and all I can remember was they were ****e.

I used to use Love Film quite a bit and they were very good with getting games to me quickly.

Soldato
Are you looking for alternatives from lovefilm due to cost? I took out their free trial after which I cancelled and they started to send me 3 months for the price of one offers so now I happily have 3 months rental, unlimited 3 disks at a time games/blueray/dvd and unlimited streaming for about £5 per month.

Disk turn around has been great too. 2 days after posting I got the next. Only down fall is they havent sent me Mass Effect 3 yet despite it beng my only high priority title but ive got other relatively new stuff so wont complain too much! :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well it's due to cost in a way as I doubt I'll use it enough to pay £11.20 or whatever lovefilm's is. Thats why £3.99 and I can get something new every month :D

I might try their trial, then cancel like you did danny, see if I have any luck!

Soldato
Used Boomerang before, no issues. You can cancel through your account online. Lovefilm, well more of the same but I had to phone up to cancel and got interrogated for my reasons. They then keep sending me these stupid "vouchers" trying to tempt me back, still getting them a year after leaving.

Associate
I was on that tariff with boomerang for a long time and they were usually very good. But I cancelled as you only get games older than 3 months and after september all the new games come out so I couldn't get any new games which seemed a bit pointless.

I'm now with blockbuster and pay £6 a month for one disc but I can swap it twice a month. They have been very quick turning the games around and I always get the big titles. I posted on a Monday morning once and had the new game on the Wednesday. Also because they are geared towards movies, and expect you to watch it and send it straight back, if you don't after a week or two they email you telling you they've reserved a game which is has always been number one in my list.

Associate
Used Boomerang for several years and found them decent. However it became apparent I wasnt getting my top choices often. Even when I moved to premium account the whole disc return\send new game process had slowed.

Moved to Lovefilm and get all the top games at release.

If you are looking to catch up on some games release 1yr+ ago, then Boomerang might be fine for you. If you're looking for new releases, i'd try somewhere else.

The Blockbuster deal mentioned above sounds decent for an alternative to Lovefilm

Back
Top Bottom