**** Original Starcraft 2 Thread ****

Permabanned
He's beaten good Koreans but not the best. A lot of the true best don't ever seem to go to the ones Stephano are in :/
I'd say without a doubt that the GSL is the hardest tournament and always will be.

Day9 is great because of his knowledge. I dislike Tastosis, Apollo and wolf.
My personal favs are Khaldor, catspajamas, Doa,day9, machine and incontrol when he does interviews XD

Soldato
lol, i hate khaldor cats is average doa is boring, machine and incontrol are players, dont class them as casters and day9 is good, the ones you hate i like and the ones you like i hate. :D

Associate
He's beaten good Koreans but not the best. A lot of the true best don't ever seem to go to the ones Stephano are in :/
I'd say without a doubt that the GSL is the hardest tournament and always will be.

Day9 is great because of his knowledge. I dislike Tastosis, Apollo and wolf.
My personal favs are Khaldor, catspajamas, Doa,day9, machine and incontrol when he does interviews XD

Not when kespa bring there own tournament! :D

Permabanned
its called ghost, and micro. You should be kiting from zealots anyway

It's called I do and I'm not a Korean. There's only so much someone can do while the Protoss a moves and storms XD and force fields. Spell city.
Probably have to blame it on Cloud kingdom for being a good ff map.

Associate
its called ghost, and micro. You should be kiting from zealots anyway

so you're saying you don't mind that there is only one composition that terrans can go for i late game TvP, while there are several that protoss can go? that doesn't strike you as at the very least boring and repetitive, if not actually imba?

the problem is not that any individual protoss unit is overpowered (except feedback vs t3) it's that the way they all synergise together is too easy to use compared to the ONLY composition that terran can respond with.

we need a) battle hellions and b) t3 which is something other than useless. TBH i would be ok if they nerfed marines and made every other terran unit a bit better to compensate. i don't like how we rely on marines so much.

Husky is my favourite caster by far. then day9 but i find it hard to find matches he commentates on my xbox so i watch him less. its usually his day lessons. i also watch quite a bit of HD casting but its definitely husky for me. hes just got a bit of jokes and knows his stuff. him and day9 often do some dual casts which are rather funny

husky doesn't "know his stuff". he's clueless. i'm only diamond and i know more (or at least the same) amount about the game as him. he's a great caster and i love him, don't get me wrong, but he mainly just hypes things up or say "ok so X player is doing Y build" which anyone can see for themself. people like day9 who really know what they;re talking about say stuff more along the lines of "ok well X's build is usually a safe bet but unfortunately Y's build happens to be the counter. it's looking bad for X unless he can pull off Z hard-to-execute tactic to stay in the game. if he manages that then he'll be in a really good position to counterattack at the T minute mark".

And how can you say day9 is the best caster, tastosis is far better, wolf is just as good and apollo is amazing. Day9 is good but his dailys are better than his casting.

Tastosis is two casters, day9 is one. Combine day9 with husky for example then you have a fair comparison, one which IMO day9 + husky would win. Not that I don't like tastosis, they're awesome too.

Permabanned
I would actually go as far as saying the only thing I find makes Toss OP is force fields (which I understand they need) and definitely HTs.

IMO I think FFs should come from something else. The worse feeling in the world is being FFd in because you know it's going to end badly.

Associate
I had a game last night 2v2, me as protoss and team mate as terran.

I did a bit of scounting and left a probe next to a watchtower

After about 10 mins an army came in and header towards my team mate. I asked if he needed help and he didnt say anything and carried on pumping out units

Next thing I know, he leaves says 'noob' and surrenders. I wipe out the rest of the army but then a wave comes in and attacks me from the other side.

Was that my fault for not automatically coming to his aid or just him being useless?

Permabanned
I had a game last night 2v2, me as protoss and team mate as terran.

I did a bit of scounting and left a probe next to a watchtower

After about 10 mins an army came in and header towards my team mate. I asked if he needed help and he didnt say anything and carried on pumping out units

Next thing I know, he leaves says 'noob' and surrenders. I wipe out the rest of the army but then a wave comes in and attacks me from the other side.

Was that my fault for not automatically coming to his aid or just him being useless?

Probably, if he's trying to micro and macro he doesn't have time to type to you especially if he can't touch type.
Don't worry about it XD

Permabanned
Masters Terran and Protoss. Plat nearly Diamond Zerg.

Nope Lithon, I can get some EMPs off usually but at the end of the day the ghosts are then just sacrificial lambs due to +range Collosi. Also finding it increasingly hard to get up more than 2/3 bases to afford Vikings,ghosts,upgrades.

TvP is just kinda broken atm. HotS is hopefully going to fix it to allow more diversity but that's not gna be out for a while.

Back
Top Bottom