*** The official HTC One X thread ***

Associate
Storage isn't an issue for me (I use USB OTG for large media if need be anyway) but AMOLED is a big plus yeah although having used the one X, I think I don't have a problem with that screen at all.

This is all down to if the S3 doesn't live up to expectations.

Does the One X support usb otg?

Associate
Well just exchanged my OneX for another one today. The screen flickering issue was getting worse and becoming apparent not just on grey screen but on lighter screens too, regardless of whether the brightness was auto to manually set.
So far so good with the new one, but then, it was several days before the issue reared up on the old one. So here's hoping....

Caporegime
So has anyone bought any cases for their One X??...ive been waiting for Sena cases to get their fingers out and make one for the One X, i like their leather slip pouches as ive been using one on my iphone4 for the past yr or so and its brilliant. Anyhow emailed them and they said they have no ETA yet.

So i did a bit of searching and managed to find a case made by Fitbag, looks pretty good with an alacantra outside and micro fiber lining...made in Germany and comes with a 2 yr warranty...just ordered one off amazon.co.uk....not cheap, cost me £22 with shipping so hopefully this will be as good as the Sena leather cases they do.

Link if anyone else is interested: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1AZGH46A19MKWZD6GP1T

Soldato
I got a qubits one off amazon and its good enough for me.

semi hard plastic mould that protects the vitals and doesn't add too much to the bulk. I needed something to stop it slipping out of my hands so easily and sliding along the passenger seat of the car...

RE: Battery I get nothing like as good as you guys. Granted I use it quite frequently but I'm lucky if it lasts a full day without seeing a plug socket late evening. Last go was around 1hr 40 mins of screen time with ~ 40% brightness, WiFi on, some light gaming (Scramble, and Words etc) some facebook, some BBC news, texting, etc and it got to around 15% battery before I plugged it in at around 8pm.

Maybe I need to reduce my brightness somewhat.....

Can't wait for the HTC update

Soldato
Got my one x replaced due to the screen flickering issue and now I am very happy with it. Was reluctant to do much with the old one as I wasn't sure if I was keeping it or not. Slightly regret getting the white one now as it gets very grubby while i'm at work, but I've ordered a darker coloured case though so I'm hoping that will solve that problem.

Associate
Got some decent use battery this weekend: not using it for browsing so much as phone calls texting and emails.

2012-04-29_22-08-05.png

2012-04-29_22-08-01.png

2012-04-29_22-08-11.png

Oops, maybe I should have resized. Oh, and you maybe can't see but I didn't use WiFi much, all HSDPA/3G.

Caporegime
Hmmm interesting...i no longer have reception at work whereas my BB 9900 has full set of bars.

Dont think its a network problem as my BB9900 has full reception, if it was a network problem then surely my BB would be dead as well.

EDIT: just restarted the phone and now it says no sim card inserted...might be a problem with the sim card as i cut it down myself when i had my iphone4...the iphone4 never gave me any issues.

Last edited:
Soldato
I know this isn't strictly a One X related question, but does anyone know anywhere decent (NOT eBay!) that you can put phones up for sale? I'm really not feeling the love for mine, so it'd be better off in someone elses hands.

Back
Top Bottom