Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [28th April - 2nd May 2012]

Soldato
I never blamed the loss on the glazer. I said hopefully the glazers will give united some money to overhaul the squad in the summer.

Dont matter how good yer players are if they have no passion (the reason lost the city match). United lost the match because they had no passion to win it.

Technically they lost the match because they didn't score more than City.. :p

Man of Honour
OP
lol at blaming the lost on Glazers now, fickle fans

It's more the fault of Sir Alex for being 'happy' with his team when we do need some new players.

If we lose the league it will at least put more of a focus on that. However, even some new players won't be much good if they are on the bench for any 'tough' games and Park is in their place... :o

Our strengths lie in the wings, Valencia/Young/Nani yet we stop using them for hard games.

lol, one person mentions the Glazers once...

Careful, I don't want people being banned. It's not worth it.

Permabanned
Swansea are no push overs and Oniell has got Sunderland playing well, Newcastle are decent at home but City know how close they are, they cant trip up now surely, cant see QPR getting anything at Man City's ground?

Soldato
Was a poor game by United, not the lineup I've have gone with but on the other hand if we'd have won then it've been the best lineup so its all retrospective. Fair play to City they played a lot better and didn't wobble under pressure, United had like 3 shots? and ZERO on target, that to me is shocking, we played for a draw, even if Fergie said he wouldn't. Now its for City to not wobble again and to clinch it!

Caporegime
I think it just highlights that two new midielders are a MUST for the summer, Carrick and Scholes are fine against the lower half teams but neither are going to improve and they both looked absolutely amateur tonight, even when we largely outnumbered them in midfield.

Associate
Did anybody else find it funny how long Hart stayed down near the end of the game with agony on his face from that so called "foul", and then supposidly couldnt even take the goal kick.

Oh, and as for Quinn, i really hope he is never allowed near a commentators booth again, the guy was absolutely shocking.

Soldato
Shocking all over, poor team selection (Park & Giggs), poor performances from our better attacking players (Rooney & Nani), City just wanted it more and we couldn't live with the likes of Toure and Tevez (Clichy was fantastic MOTM for me).

2 league games against City and they've beat us twice, things need to be addressed so the same doesn't happen next season, priority now is to make sure when they take the title they do it on GD and not points.

Yep

Looks like Rooney is going off the boil at just the wrong time :(

Permabanned
I never blamed the loss on the glazer. I said hopefully the glazers will give united some money to overhaul the squad in the summer.

Dont matter how good yer players are if they have no passion (the reason lost the city match). United lost the match because they had no passion to win it.

lol so you lot berate City for spending millions and now you want to do the same, ffs you have a £30m player on the bench that has not played all season, you cant blame it on lack of players, total cop out

Soldato
It's more the fault of Sir Alex for being 'happy' with his team when we do need some new players.

If we lose the league it will at least put more of a focus on that. However, even some new players won't be much good if they are on the bench for any 'tough' games and Park is in their place... :o

Our strengths lie in the wings, Valencia/Young/Nani yet we stop using them for hard games.
My concern is that Fergie will go "We lost the league on GD to one of the best teams (in terms of ability) and got one of our highest point totals ever, why the need to change?"

Soldato
Utd have a great team - compared to the individual stars other teams have. They just need another one or two 'stars' to compete. Player for player other teams are probably better.

End of this season is going to be fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom