**Today Only 01/05/2012** Crucial RealSSD M4 128GB SSD & G.Skill TridentX 16GB 2400MHz DDR3 Memory

Associate
Hey, I already have an order waiting for delivery but I bought it with the 10% discount last week, is there a way off adding this to the order or will that mess up the discount? grr I need to get posting more to get free delivery then this wouldnt be an issue!

Permabanned
I already have a 60 Gb C300 and 512 Gb M4 but I only have 123 Gb left on the M4 which wont last long, and I dont want to pay for another 512 Gb yet, or even ever. Also my 60 Gb boot dist is sat on close to being full all the time.

Buy one of these 128 Gb M4s to replace my 60 Gb C300 boot disk maybe? That will be 640 Gb total (well, less after compression) of SSD goodness.

hmmm, or no nvm, I dont need more SSD pace at all yet!

Associate
SO SOO SO MUCH WIN :D

So tempted, I think I'd make this my OS drive and then have my 64GB M4 added to my laptop or leave it there for Win 8/a linux distro when I get rid of win 8

Associate
What an EPIC price!!!

I'm sat here right now wondering whether to order or not!! I have an SSD its a Samsung P128, about 2 years old!! Is it really worth going from one SSD to another? I mean everyday stuff I'm not going to see a difference in am I?

Also its the same storage capacity as my P128 and I'd really prefer a 256GB if I upgrade my SSD. My plan was wait for Haswell next year, so Mobo, CPU, RAM upgrade along with Win8 and a new 256GB SSD. I was hoping by then 256GB SSDs would be somewhat cheaper than they are now (already spent £250 on the P128 when it was new, don't wanna spend that again) but at that this price maybe I can live with 128GB, man I don't know what to do lol

Haswell won't be around for at least a year, so obviously thats when I'll be buying, anyone care to guess what say 256GB drive may cost then? less than £200 would go great lol

EDIT

Just noticed a 256GB M4 is £190!! Now I'm really having to think lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Fabulous price for the M4 drive. I'm still hovering above it, but keep cancelling my basket because I'm still on SATA 2....

Still get the benefits of improved latency - which to be honest - is the main benefit.

Transfer rate is all well and good but unless you transferring from SSD to NFS or another SSD it's kinda irrelevant. Seek times etc are where the money is.

Back
Top Bottom