BlackBerry 10 unveiled (formerly BBX)

Man of Honour
Can the new BlackBerry platform turn RIM around?

At its BlackBerry World event in Orlando today, RIM pulled the wraps off BlackBerry 10, a thoroughly-revamped platform based on QNX that the company is hoping will bring it back into contention. Though it's been talking about BlackBerry 10 since last year (when it was known as BBX), this is the first time that RIM is getting into details about what we can expect when it debuts on retail devices later in 2012.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/1/2990932/blackberry-10-unveiled

aTh5v.jpg

YfXjT.jpg

This just looks like a Windows Phone/Android 'mashup' to me? :confused:

Not very exciting.

Caporegime
www.crackberry.com has a huge feature set on BB10.

So far looking good...been watching the videos and im seriously stoked for BB10, cant wait for BB10 to hit the market and who honestly gives a flying fig if they are taking the best bits out of other OS's and incorporating it into BB10:confused:. All im concerned with is that works nice and smoothly out of the box.

Hopefully this will turn around BB's fortunes although against the almighty Apple and Google...its still going to be difficult i imagine.

Caporegime
Another BB10 video, this time showing off the flow UI, the touchscreen keyboard which is unlike anything ive ever seen and the new time warp camera app: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-world-keynote-video-previewing-blackberry-10

Wow just wow is all i can say, if BB get this right then i think my next BB device will be a full touchscreen...keyboard looks amazing if it works as well as it does in the video, really liking the time warp camera app as well, dont think any other OS out there has such a thing built into their device or OS. Just hope BB put some decent optics in the next set of BB devices.

Last edited:
Caporegime
sound a bit like a fan boy spawn.. but ok..

cant see anything appealing about it tbh

That i am...i love everything about Blackberry...i suppose its no different to the apple fanboi's that get excited at a small incremental update to their beloved phones or the phandroid princess's here who get all orgasmic at the thought of 10mill different devices:p

Yes of course you cant see anything appealing about it??? then why bother even posting :confused:. This is what i dont get with people, the blind hatred for BB...yep they have been behind the times with the juggernauts that are Apple and Android but when they finally come up with something thats totally different to what we are used to seeing....you still get people moaning lol.

Caporegime
Looks pretty damn amazing to be fair, and if its anything like how the Playbook OS then it really is very nice indeed.

It will be running a version of the playbook OS which runs on QNX but yep it looks pretty good so far...really liking the touchscreen keyboard and im hardly the biggest fan of touchscreen keyboards as it is:p.

Only thing that concerns me with the time warp app is if BB dont put a decent set of optics in the phones. The CEO says that cameras are a big part of mobile devices...great, now give BB's a decent camera and optics then it will be worth it. A 5mp auto focus camera is hardly mindblowing when you have 8mp to 12mp cameras on Android/iphone devices:p.

Soldato
Actual doesnt look half bad, personally I didn't ever like BB phones but this looks promising. However it does seem a little to late, just look how windows phone is still struggling to take off, takes more then just a nice OS these days.

int

int

Soldato
Swipe gestures on the keyboard are straight from swiftkey, I wouldn't be surprised if they've licensed some of their patents! Looks nice but possibly a bit late.

Caporegime
Far too late!! I can't really see this saving the Blackberry?

Thats the thing.. its too late and its nowhere near the release yet

Haters gonna hate:p

Who says it's too late??? Or is it just the in thing to slate RIM?? Lol.

It's never too late, android, apple and RIM can all co-exist with each other, there's no way RIM can overtake apple or Android at the moment but they can get some of their lost marketshare back. Hopefully BB10 can even the playing field a bit against apple and android.

Soldato
All rim had over android and ios was the physical keyboards and good messaging capabilities now they will loose th hw keyboard and it will be a direct competitor towards android and ios and hinestly i cant see RIM being able to compete.. they should stick to what they are good at and release some android devices too with bbm support :)

Back
Top Bottom