Bad Teacher....really.

Associate
Like what? Cotton wool and hugs and kisses?

God the worlds gone soft when people cry over school kids being told to "shut up" by a teacher :rolleyes:

**p.s. My wife's a teacher - no idea if she tells her kids to shut up but some of the stories she tells me about 5-6 yr olds in her school would certainly raise an eyebrow - they're not all little angels you know ;)

I didnt say that, they do not need to be treated with Hugs and Kisses, but they also do not need to be told to "shut up". I tell the kids at my school to Shut up but they are 11 to 18 so they need that extra harshness.

Some of the kids I have seen at that age need more than just a shut up I agree, but slapping is not allowed.

Going into the work place and telling your boss to "shut up"? Good luck.

I can apply common sense to some situations. The OP states, students get sent to the head for saying "shut up" after all it is not a respectful way of speaking to someone. Why should it be that the teacher can say it to the students (the OPs kid even says its a "bad" word).

I think if any one of us (sensible people this is) stood at the back of a lesson and saw a (really) bad teacher you would know. I have stood at the back of many a classroom over my 7 years of working in schools and I can generally tell the bad teachers, kids chatting/being disrespectful/getting up and walking around etc.

Soldato
Reminds me of my old Biology teacher at secondary school. We wouldn't shut up, so she stood up on her desk and shouted, "2B, you really are the biggest bunch of ******s I've ever met".

That worked a treat. Absolute silence followed. :D

EDIT: starred word rhymes with "dossers"

Associate
We had this, but it was with a full time teacher just getting to the end of their teaching days and letting loose a little. A group of about 15 parents went in and talked to the head teacher. No idea how they combated it, but it took about 3 days to get the teacher out.

Associate
Reminds me of the standard in teacher i had years ago, primary 6. He was an English chap
Teaching in an irish school, I asked him nicely are you English sir? And his reply was yes I bloody well am
Would you like to see my bloody English passport as well? In a seriously angry tone.

I've wanted to meet him again for years to see if he was still teaching and most likely smack him for
Being so rude. I don't understand why people like this get into teaching in the first place.

Associate
Er no, I know some folks do this. The kids are so quiet, shy and overprotected and they won't know what hit them if/when they end up at university or out working.

I think you're confusing home schooling with zero social interaction, there's a big difference. Besides, much of the stuff taught in schools is rubbish, it doesn't teach kids to think for themselves and be creative but to conform and remember facts and figures, no wonder many kids need extra help, they must be bored out of their minds (what's left of them that is).

Back
Top Bottom