**** Original Starcraft 2 Thread ****

Permabanned
I hate blizzard.

They've just mad 3 changes.

Overlord speed slightly increased.
Queens now start with 50 energy.
Observers build In 30 instead of 40seconds.

So now they've basically screwed cloaked banshee harass cos most of the time you get there about half way through the observers build time if the toss knows what he's doing -_-

They said they're watching the matchups and they're trying to balance TvP in the early game for toss and late for Terran. I don't see any Terran changes cos it'd have to be something big.

The Zerg changes are for faster creep spread and better early scouting. I didn't think early scouting was too much of a problem and the creep spread for hellions is stupid. Speedlings deal with hellions pretty effectively as long as the zergs BO isnt greedy.

Just to add this is only live on a test map in ladder rotation ATM. I'm not going to hold my breath on them not giving Toss yet anther buff tho.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Just nearly broke my Filco by hitting it.

TvP is so damn gay. I go in with a 111 at the start and destroy his expo cos he 1gate expands. He pushes me back, I expand to my third and start the macro. I get ghosts quickly and quite a few medivacs.
I go back in about 5mins later after doing multiple drops and thinking "Yeah hes dead" and BAM. Storm spam all over me even though i'd EMP'd most of his HTs.

He still didn't attack, I went back home and maxed again and then the same happened. I just left, **** is broken.

Soldato
Just nearly broke my Filco by hitting it.

TvP is so damn gay. I go in with a 111 at the start and destroy his expo cos he 1gate expands. He pushes me back, I expand to my third and start the macro. I get ghosts quickly and quite a few medivacs.
I go back in about 5mins later after doing multiple drops and thinking "Yeah hes dead" and BAM. Storm spam all over me even though i'd EMP'd most of his HTs.

He still didn't attack, I went back home and maxed again and then the same happened. I just left, **** is broken.

Have you tried base racing against him? As i dont have the micro to beat toss im thinking the best bet would be to never directly engage him but instead to build enough medivacs to load up your entire army and do an all in multi location drop... surely without his main and natural even if you die to his army you should come out on top! that or he base trades but i would assume stimmed mm should out destroy the protoss death ball

Permabanned
Have you tried base racing against him? As i dont have the micro to beat toss im thinking the best bet would be to never directly engage him but instead to build enough medivacs to load up your entire army and do an all in multi location drop... surely without his main and natural even if you die to his army you should come out on top! that or he base trades but i would assume stimmed mm should out destroy the protoss death ball

The thing is that MMMVG is strong and if they didn't have storms they'd have to rely on FFs which are as crippling in the lategame as they are in the beginning.
The problem with going for a base trade is that if he comes back I'm dead and he'll definitely have a proxy pylon so I'll have to go against his army at some point. In his base I can't split even if I wanted to against his storms which then ends up with me losing.

I've just gone against 3 Toss's in a row and Proxy 2rax'd them both. **** trying to macro/micro against storm. No wonder all these Koreans have carpel tunnel and wrist problems.

Associate
I hate blizzard.

So now they've basically screwed cloaked banshee harass cos most of the time you get there about half way through the observers build time if the toss knows what he's doing -_-

They said they're watching the matchups and they're trying to balance TvP in the early game for toss and late for Terran. I don't see any Terran changes cos it'd have to be something big.

The Zerg changes are for faster creep spread and better early scouting. I didn't think early scouting was too much of a problem and the creep spread for hellions is stupid. Speedlings deal with hellions pretty effectively as long as the zergs BO isnt greedy.

omg, these changes have made my day. I would have been just happy with the OL speed increase but queens with 50 energy at the start?! So instantly you get a creep tumour and a inject, then your third queen (in zvt) will have 2 more tumours. The spread will be insane!!

Early scouting is a massive problem for Zerg. When I say early, i mean about the 6/7 minute mark. OL's are so slow, if the terran is half decent the zerg will never know whats going on. Most of the time in zvt most zergs just coinflip and hope they guess right. Whereas terran can just throw a scan into our base, or P can get a observer out.

Last edited:
Permabanned
omg, these changes have made my day. I would have been just happy with the OL speed increase but queens with 50 energy at the start?! So instantly you get a creep tumour and a inject, then your third queen (in zvt) will have 2 more tumours. The spread will be insane!!

Early scouting is a massive problem for Zerg. When I say early, i mean about the 6/7 minute mark. OL's are so slow, if the terran is half decent the zerg will never know whats going on. Most of the time in zvt most zergs just coinflip and hope they guess right. Whereas terran can just throw a scan into our base, or P can get a observer out.

True. I just usually sac an overlord cos as Zerg minerals aren't usually the problem.

Associate
True. I just usually sac an overlord cos as Zerg minerals aren't usually the problem.

1 marine or a stalker can stop all early scouting from a OL though. Also v P the only real way to see whats going on is to look at 3rd and 4th gas timings. Works on some maps, not on others.

Permabanned
1 marine or a stalker can stop all early scouting from a OL though. Also v P the only real way to see whats going on is to look at 3rd and 4th gas timings. Works on some maps, not on others.

Yea, Zerg definitely has a problem atm. Although Stephano style roaches are hard to beat in ZvP

Soldato
What about my surprised?

Out of curiosity, what league and race do you play?

Like I said I didn't play perfectly. I'm sure if I'd handed control over to MKP he'd have wiped the floor with my opponent. But the guy I was against was a pretty bad player and played no better than I did. Anyone that cannon rushes is a complete douchebag. Have you heard of gaulzi? He's high master and all he does is cannon rush every game. His target is to make GM using no other strategies. Guess what league he was in before he started cannon rushing?

Platinum.

Was dia toss for a while but got bored, switched to zerg and got high plat now im terran and high plat aswell, played random when i started though. And why does it matter what league i am? I know how the game works

Associate
I'm thinking about buying a set of headphones with a mic attched for 2v2 skype starcraft and killing floor ts

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003TZF3...de=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B003TZF3K0

Anyone tried these? Seem like a pretty good price and I really like the looks of them.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-014-PT&groupid=702&catid=1058&subcat=

Was also thinking of these if they're not too far, quality-wise from the above.

cheers

Go with a corsair headset IMO, they're great for the price.

I hate blizzard.

Just to add this is only live on a test map in ladder rotation ATM. I'm not going to hold my breath on them not giving Toss yet anther buff tho.

These changes suck. The OL speed increase I can understand. But the queen buff is retarded. It's typical blizzard. They see a problem and completely over-respond to it, for example with the ghost nerf, 35 damage +10 to non-massive is what everyone was wanting. But no they nerfed it all the way down to 25. I don't see why the queens need 50 energy. Why no give them 35. That still lets them get a creep tumour out earlier (not that I think this is needed, but I'll defer to blizz), while not shutting down valid strategies like stargate openings in PvZ.

The obs change is completely stupid as well. If P wants an observer fast... they can chronoboost it. Now with this buff combined with chronoboost P will be able to pretty much not build an observer until a DT or banshee turns up at their base and still end up ok.

Associate
Had a 55 minute game on Shakuras earlier, both of us ending up on 3-3 bio, 3-3 mech, But I managed to get 3-3 air which was his downfall! 3-3 Battle cruisers and Vikings are somewhat potent! 8 bases, 4 mined out for me lol and still had 15k banked, ended up pulling all scv's and mule farming! An to top it all off used some manner mules to wrap up the victory :p

Associate
Had a 55 minute game on Shakuras earlier, both of us ending up on 3-3 bio, 3-3 mech, But I managed to get 3-3 air which was his downfall! 3-3 Battle cruisers and Vikings are somewhat potent! 8 bases, 4 mined out for me lol and still had 15k banked, ended up pulling all scv's and mule farming! An to top it all off used some manner mules to wrap up the victory :p

A lot of my TvT losses are because I transition to BC/viking too soon or too late... what do use as a benchmark for when to switch? When you reach X bases or...? I usually think "eh... got quite a lot of tanks, should probably get some BCs now" or "holy **** he has BCs i need to throw down starports" by which point it's obviously far too late. It's a pain in the butt how bad they are before they get 3/3 too. IMO BC build time should be reduced by about 5-10%.

These sig things are pretty cool :). I put my US one cos I mainly play that atm (it's easier so I stand a chance of reaching masters lol).

Last edited:
Permabanned
A lot of my TvT losses are because I transition to BC/viking too soon or too late... what do use as a benchmark for when to switch? When you reach X bases or...? I usually think "eh... got quite a lot of tanks, should probably get some BCs now" or "holy **** he has BCs i need to throw down starports" by which point it's obviously far too late. It's a pain in the butt how bad they are before they get 3/3 too. IMO BC build time should be reduced by about 5-10%.

These sig things are pretty cool :). I put my US one cos I mainly play that atm (it's easier so I stand a chance of reaching masters lol).

But there's so many more Toss players on the NA server IMO and loads of Zerg on the EU XD

I'd only go BCs when you're ahead and he's turtling and you don't want to risk it all on a doom drop scenario which may turn into a base trade.

It'd also depend on who has air superiority. If its you then you shouldn't have a problem winning with just marine tank medivac, you just need to slowly move and be methodical about it.
If there's still a stalemate and you can't seem to get your air superiority to count due to marine/turret placement then I find Raven's seeker missiles to be much more effective. Just research it all the necessary upgrades then build 4-6 and drop seeker missiles on everything.

If he's playing a mech style you're going to find it harder because he needs to have air superiority so he's going to have those air upgrades and a high Viking count.

Plus remember BCs don't counter BCs, Vikings are what you'll want or marines if he neglects his tank count and positioning.

Soldato
I hate blizzard.

Why are you always so negative man? They havnt screwed cloak banshee, you just need to adjust your build a little. Toss doesnt build robos every single game straight away, and i delay my obs quite a bit to get immortal out.

Permabanned
Why are you always so negative man? They havnt screwed cloak banshee, you just need to adjust your build a little. Toss doesnt build robos every single game straight away, and i delay my obs quite a bit to get immortal out.

Because any decent Toss won't delay his robo unless he's being greedy.

You can't adjust a cloaked banshee build. If you 111 it gets there at a very specific time and that's not usually fast enough for the robo not to be up even after a 1gate expand.
If you go gas first then it's a huge tell because the barracks isn't finished and a masters play will check how much gas has been mined and you don't have a marine to kill the scouting probe so you can't place the factory down as soon as the rax is done therefore delaying and negating the gas first benefit.
If you block the scouting probe the toss will go robo because he needs to know what you're doing.

Associate
Blizzard have updated the current changes and also commented on TvP
-------UPDATE

After initial testing and feedback, we have removed the Queen starting energy increase and we have decided to modify:

Queen anti-ground weapon attack range increased from 3 to 5.

Please note: The look of the queen’s ground attack animation is affected by this adjustment, and will be changed when we expand the balance changes beyond this map and to the rest of the game.
This change should make very early marine pressure difficult as you now cannot kite queens :(.

Also TvP : http://sea.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/231453149#1

Soldato
Blizzard have updated the current changes and also commented on TvP

This change should make very early marine pressure difficult as you now cannot kite queens :(.

Also TvP : http://sea.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/231453149#1

Damn. I guess it'll help to deal with insane coinflip terran (and to some extent protoss) openings and make hellion harass a bit easier to deal with, but they've gotta be careful about pushing that too far. T still needs to do damage early game. We'll see what comes out i guess :)

Back
Top Bottom