Amp with wifi Tablet control&media streaming from tablet/iPhone/Android?

Soldato
Hi,

I'm after an amp that I will be able to control from a tablet PC. By that i mean change the volume; play,stop,skip; change the input that is playing; change the zone; etc.

Importantly I also want to be able to stream from the Tablet any music, and if possible, photos and video. I would also like the ability to stream music from iPhones and Android.

Does such a thing exist? I think that Yamaha amps may have something that does this - any others?

Thanks all,
R

Soldato
OP
Budget not sure up to £500 probably, but ideally would like to buy it second-hand and spend signifcantly less.

Will look into that Denon, but if you wouldn't mind providing a brief low-down of features/your thoughts I would really appreciate it.

Soldato
No worries!
It's my first proper AV Amp, and isn't exactly high end. I got it because I am now keeping all of my kit in a cupboard, and using a projector and Kef Q series speakers in the room next to it.
This meant I either needed to find away to extend the IR for the devices, or control with a tablet.
As I use XBMC for 99% of my media playback, I control this with the xbmc commander app, so decided I would seek out an amp that allows control via and app.

I use the excellent deRemote app on both iphone / ipad - I don't think it is the officall app, but it is well worth the small fee I paid.

It allows you to control your sources, zones, volume, mute, and gives you arrow keys a menu button so that you can do everything you could with the remote.
The amp itself lets you name your sources, so when i load up my amp app, I get the option for HTPC, SKY HD and XBOX - so simple even my girlfriend can use it!

Back
Top Bottom