unpacking the u2711

Associate
OP
a12 awesome firsst a11 i saw was 2 weeks ago thats quick revision!

cant rememebr i got mine on like 40% i think not at home right now so cant check working till 2100 again phah

Associate
Doh!
Just re-read the post. You had it swapped to an A12 so I'm guessing it came direct from Dell. Oh well.
OcUK have only got a single U2711 in stock so hopefully that will be sold next week and the next batch will all be A12s and I can order one of them.

Associate
I'm hoping to get one when I get a refund on my faulty Hazro.
Did you get your A12 from OcUK?

No, I bought it from a competitor (which is about £100 cheaper than OcUK). Who were advertising it as the new A11 revision, I received an A12 yesterday which was faulty, took it back to the shop today and got another A12.

Associate
Oh right. Thx for letting me know. I guess I will have to shop around or wait for OcUK to drop the price. They increased the price by £50 a week ago :(

I've checked out some of your other posts and noticed that you upgraded to the Dell after getting a refund on a Hazro. I have just returned my Hazro and I am waiting for a refund. I realise that you had the glass version (and mine was non-glass but fairly glossy none the less) so I would be interested to know what you think of the anti-glare treatment on the U2711. Do you prefer the image quality of the Hazro in comparison to the Dell?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
lukeharvest was unlucky in his first purchase i think but at 500 quid and the speed of turnaround for these monitors from dell all the quality and extras you get over anyother monitors 500 quid is actually good value.. and a12 also

i have been watching the prices of these over a few weeks now and 500 - 510 is about the price of a rev a11 rev a12 atm all in so to me they are realy good value even i would say a bargain thats how pleased i am with the u2711

BTW lukeharvest im on 35 brightness and 46 contrast in cool mode i just like it that way

recomendations for monitors

DELL 1000000000000% no question

Associate
OP
tbh its really not a lot its a little update here or there or a rewrite of a control its like less than nothing but needless to say we all want the latest normally its better.. not always but normally and dell are hot on that stuff

even something as simple as sensitivity on range of adjustment buttons or something weird

thats something people dont mention much but the menu buttons are range sensative as in you hold your finger near it they light up

a bit like a bang and olufsen glass hifi awesome stuff love it

Associate
here this is on a spare os that i havent sorted the descktop out on yet

give u an idea of the sizes at default hope thats what you meant

Hi, in color setting menu do you use "standard" preset?
What are the differences between "standard" and "AdobeRGB" presets?
Does "Standard" preset mean wide-gamut color space exactly as AdobeRGB?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom