****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Soldato
I can't really see any logical reason as to why you'd pass on the IS-4. It'll be cheaper to buy as a T9 now before it becomes T10. Its not as if the IS-3 is a bad tank anyway. You can easily grind the new T9 tank on the other tree.

Associate
Ahh, I forgot to add. I have the exp to unlock, just not the credits to buy yet! (as would be at least after the new patch), as unlocking the IS4 wont unlock the IS-8 after the patch and I'll have to regrind lol

or am I wrong ?

Last edited:
Associate
Ah that sucks, if you aren't far off creditwise after selling the IS-3 remember and clear out your old equipment in your depot, if you havn't there will be a fair amount worth of credits in there.

EDIT : Not to mention since your goal is the IS-7 researching the IS-4 now will still unlock the IS-8 and IS-4 (actually I think you dont!) after the patch, just you'll miss out on the free tanks, so it would be no loss if you waited till after the patch unless you are using a load of free xp to get the IS-4.

EDIT 2: Just double checked and it looks like you dont get the IS-4 tier 10 researched if you dont have it in your garage http://worldoftanks.eu/en/development)

Last edited:
Ahh, I forgot to add. I have the exp to unlock, just not the credits to buy yet! (as would be at least after the new patch), as unlocking the IS4 wont unlock the IS-8 after the patch and I'll have to regrind lol

or am I wrong ?

Errr....VERY wrong. If you have the IS4 already then on the new patch's release, u will get the IS4, at level 10 and the IS8 at tier 9, replacing the IS4.

Associate
Ah that sucks, if you aren't far off creditwise after selling the IS-3 remember and clear out your old equipment in your depot, if you havn't there will be a fair amount worth of credits in there.

EDIT : Not to mention since your goal is the IS-7 researching the IS-4 now will still unlock the IS-8 and IS-4 (actually I think you dont!) after the patch, just you'll miss out on the free tanks, so it would be no loss if you waited till after the patch unless you are using a load of free xp to get the IS-4.

EDIT 2: Just double checked and it looks like you dont get the IS-4 tier 10 researched if you dont have it in your garage http://worldoftanks.eu/en/development)

I told you it was all very complicated lol. I'm just going to hold out to the IS-8 (T9) and then continue on my path to the IS7. I wont be using any free exp with the switch and I've already cleared out my garage to rebuy the KV3 so I get the free slot/tank after the patch.

Associate
Errr....VERY wrong. If you have the IS4 already then on the new patch's release, u will get the IS4, at level 10 and the IS8 at tier 9, replacing the IS4.

Cheer's link, would you happen to have any patch notes that say if you have the IS-4 research (but not purchased), after the patch you get the IS-4 (as a T10) researched and also the IS-8 researched (as the other tree's T9)?

Associate
Well I'm working on my T-50 atm, still need most the upgrades. Looking forward to the T-50-2. I have a VK28 atm and it sucks balls.

I picked up a T-50 today, already had guns unlocked and have upgraded the tracks and engine. Think I only have the top engine to get? 6000xp if i remember right. Seems a nippy little tank with nice cornering. Have a Leo and M5 Stuart on the go as well.

Cheer's link, would you happen to have any patch notes that say if you have the IS-4 research (but not purchased), after the patch you get the IS-4 (as a T10) researched and also the IS-8 researched (as the other tree's T9)?

It has to be in your garage mate to get it as Tier 10, otherwise it's researched place just becomes the IS8. However if it is in your garage then you will get the IS8 tank + slot as well.

Soldato
Finally got the 90mm gun for the M6, at least now the tank has some bite compared to the 76mm which was little sub par to say the least.

Soldato

to be honest if i were you i'd sell the is-3 and the kv-3 and anything else you can to get the credits to get the is-4 before the patch. i don't really see what the fascination is with the is-7 is as i myself don't really like it that much and much prefer to play my T110e or Maus, and i even prefer the new tier 10 is-4 over the is-7.

you get the new tier 10 is-4 then and the is-8 which is basically an is-3 on steroids.

the kv-3 is ok at tier 7 with the d25t from the is but it is nothing special and i will probably sell it and the t-150 is basically a kv-1 with more hp and the 107 so nothing to write home about and i will be selling it once the patch hits as the kv-1s, kv 2 and arl 44 are all better heavies than it at tier 6.

by getting the is-4 you are basically getting a free tier 10 with garage slot and that is too good to miss.

ps. we have cleared space in the clan now so if you want to join then you can :)

Last edited:
Soldato
How are you finding the M6? i am about 50% through the T1 heavy, and i am not enjoying it,

Do your time, get the 90mm on the M6, buy the T29 and then try to forget all about those bricks.

The T1 is not enjoyable because it a huge target and has no enjoyable advantage in armour or gun.

The M6 is the same again just one tier up.

Nothing says fail like being 1 shot in either of those by a KV.

Soldato
i must be weird as i kinda liked the T1 and M6 and hated the T29.

strange because i loved the T34 when it was tier 9 and now at tier 8 but could never get on with the T29 :(

Associate
Thanls for all the feedback guys, I'm not sure why I want the IS-7 so much, its just a tank I love the look of. Plus I like to troll players with loads of bounces :D

I played down the German line in the Beta to the point of the Tiger King/Ferdi and although I liked them, I find the Russian tree suits my play style a lot more

My WOT tag is SilentUK for the invite Chipps

Soldato
OP
Thanls for all the feedback guys, I'm not sure why I want the IS-7 so much, its just a tank I love the look of. Plus I like to troll players with loads of bounces :D

I played down the German line in the Beta to the point of the Tiger King/Ferdi and although I liked them, I find the Russian tree suits my play style a lot more

Invite sent fella :D

Cheers

Soldato

the thing is that now with tanks like the M103 and T110E rolling around with high pen guns the IS-7 isn't able to rely on its armour as much.

with the new patch bringing the IS-8, ST-1 and the new IS-4 there will be a lot of high tiers that have no problem penning the IS-7 rolling around.

Soldato
I'm still suffering through the M3 Lee atm. In all honesty its gun isn't that bad but its lack of a turret and shoddy camo + high profile make it really poor. I do only have the M7 Priest to unlock left though so I should probably just buy the T1 Heavy and start grinding that instead of putting it off.

I think half the problem is I have too many mid-tier tanks on the go after buying a bunch of slots a few months back when they were half price. I basically got through T2/3 where the MM can't screw you over that badly then hit T4 on a bunch of tech trees. Bought the A-20 earlier while its half price, one of the worst tanks I've ever played with, classed as a scout so constantly gets T8/9 matches but sucks too much to actually scout.

Soldato
I'm still suffering through the M3 Lee atm. In all honesty its gun isn't that bad but its lack of a turret and shoddy camo + high profile make it really poor. I do only have the M7 Priest to unlock left though so I should probably just buy the T1 Heavy and start grinding that instead of putting it off.

i got on well with that tank, i still have it in my garage with 100% crew.
I got 2 top gun awards with it.
As any tank, its better when you are in the top 3 tanks on that map.
against higher tiers, it does struggle

Back
Top Bottom