Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Soldato
*Resists urge to tell people to get their speakers at least a foot from the wall and to decouple speakers from resonant desks... fails* soz.

In all honesty, a lot of the setups posted in here are placed fine in my opinion.
Those that are front ported are placed fine, those that are not actually do look like about a foot away from the wall. As for those that are placed directly on desks, well that depends on the user whether they're experiencing such issues and playing music that would even have an affect..

Hell, it depends on the listener to how they want to hear the sound, they can place the speakers wherever they like, be it upside-down or horizontal.

Associate
Swapped Samsung 55inch 7 series for Samsung PS64D8000.

IMG_2321.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

Associate
Cods-Nostril, any chance you could list whats there? I'm guessing the floorstanders are proac's.

yep Proac response 3's....audio research ls16 mk2 pre amp and a vtl 5.5 pre amp i'm testing....melos 402 gold valve monoblocks.....accustic arts cd player...nottingham analog hyperspace turntable...mostly tara labs cables...and a old sony dvd.

the tv is at that height coz we have 8ft wide pc station with 3 pc's at other end of the room facing tv so have to look over the screens hehe.

Last edited:
Associate
How much was it mate?

Got it from Currys next day delivery

Extra £100 off, no delivery charge plus two sets of glasses for about £2400. Think they only had 12 in stock and the glasses offer was from Xmas stock, dont know whether it was Currys only offer or all Xmas stock offer.
Worth every penny in my book, could not find a review that did not give it 5 stars. With professional cals been posted as well makes 100% difference.

Last edited:
Associate
1st Post!

Some of this stuff is mine.. the AE Aegis Neo speakers and Marantz amp, the other setup is my brothers, although the Sony TV is mine :) Old school LCD.

IMG-20120506-00080.jpg

IMG-20120506-00079.jpg

IMG-20120506-00078.jpg

IMG-20120506-00081.jpg

IMG-20120506-00082.jpg

IMG-20120506-00084.jpg

IMG-20120506-00083.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Moved house a couple of weeks ago. I'm now in a 1st floor flat which has put my plans to get a sub on hold for a little while.

flatsetup1.jpg

flatsetup3.jpg

It's not set out as well as my last house which had me sat right in the middle of the speakers. I'm not too bothered about the fronts but the rears certainly need positioning properly.

I don't want to move the sofa too much as it'll start to cut into the room so I'm thinking some taller stands which will allow me to increase the angle of the rear speakers. The one in the corner really suffers.

edit... After reading the comments below, I rearranged the room. At first I wasn't keen about having the sofa cutting into the room but I'm starting to get used to it.

It now looks like this;

tv_new.jpg

sofa_new.jpg

sofa_new2.jpg

You can see my reflection in the TV. This was with me sat in the middle of the sofa. The rear speakers are also MUCH better placed and the whole set-up sounds completely different as you'd expect!

Last edited:
Associate
This is the 55 inch Samsung that was main tv in living room above (2 posts), now replacing 40 inch Samsung in computer room.

IMG_2326.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg

With my Ruark Spectre`s still one of the best speakers i have ever heard, sadly now downgraded to playing mp3`s.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom