My boy found a phone on the way home..

Associate
Your wife is in the wrong, she shouldn't teach your child it's OK to be a scumbag thief. You should ask your wife if she'd want someone to hand in her phone if she lost hers.

This, and i'd say a 'reward' for your son for being honest....
Shame people don't reward willingly, but I think if someone handed in my phone i'd want to give them something for saving me having to resort out all my contacts/data/photos/number etc. Bottle of wine / Chocs/DVD depending on who it was.

Permabanned
As the title says, my son found a mobile phone on his way home from school.
When he gets home he tells his mum of his find who proceeds to congratulate him and say finders keepers etc.. This made me furious, to me it is totally the wrong attitude to pour onto a child (12yrs).
I told him he has to return it to school in the morning as its possibly another pupils even though he found it outside school grounds.
This caused major arguments and has made me to look like the bad one, especially as his mother told him finders keepers! Am I in the wrong here? Should he return the phone to school or is it rightfully his as he found it??

Slap your wife. She's a *****.

I wouldn't hand it to the police but I'd keep it charged and return it if anyone calls. Probably try and make some calls/texts to anyone if I could get it unlocked so that I could return it.

Associate
If the phone is working and calling, maybe call up a number in the phone book which says "Mum" "Dad" or some relative and maybe get the phone returned that way. - Your child may even get a small reward for it. Doing a good deed feels a hell of a lot better. :)

+1

Soldato
If the phone is working and calling, maybe call up a number in the phone book which says "Mum" "Dad" or some relative and maybe get the phone returned that way. - Your child may even get a small reward for it. Doing a good deed feels a hell of a lot better. :)

This.

Me and a friend once found a school blazer from our school on a roundabout. Checked the pockets. Wallet, Keys, Phone, Bus Pass etc... We could get on the phone to the mother, and told her that her son had left his blazer, and we were going to go hand it into reception. She asked if we could leave our names with reception.

About a week later we both got £10 in the post. Sure the stuff in the blazer was worth a hell of a lot more than that, but it was a lovely gesture, and it just added to the nice feeling we got in the first place.

kd

Associate
The boys at work found a wallet when out in the vans inside a shop, they took the money (wasn't with them, different vans) and were about to fling the wallet out w/ the cards etc all inside it so nicely took it off them and handed it in myself.

Just gotta ask yourself how would you feel at the end of the day if it happened to yourself, not what others will think about it.

Soldato
My dad recently lost his phone at the local leisure centre, no sign of it since :( So someone is now the scummy owner of a blocked iphone 4s which is of no use to them, but since they just see "FREE STUFF LOL" they take it anyway just incase.

However I once dropped my wallet at the gym, and one of my friends phoned me to tell me some guy had picked it up. Turns out there was a piece of paper in the wallet with her phone number on it and the guy who found it rang it as there was no other contact info in it. Wallet returned safe and sound minus £20 which I gave the guy for finding it and not being a scumbag :) Well worth it considering the hassle of cancelling all my cards and getting new ones, and then the cost of buying another wallet.

Permabanned
The only thing of value I keep in my wallet anymore is my debit card, and thats it. I never carry cash around, except for my day rider bus ticket if its needed.

I'd be mad if I lost my Lumia 800 though, but I've never lost a phone or anything else in public before, Im extra careful and tap my pockets every 10 minutes or so to make sure everything is still there.

Permabanned
** Why quote him then, what's wrong with the RTM system? ** .

your more in the wrong than the mother you are disgusting how is that remotely funny?

You need to take a good long hard look at yourself people like you make me sick how can you make light of a child getting molested?

Please permaban this idiot how does someone like this even get on a family forum?

Soldato
When he gets home he tells his mum of his find who proceeds to congratulate him and say finders keepers etc.. This made me furious, to me it is totally the wrong attitude to pour onto a child (12yrs).
I told him he has to return it to school in the morning as its possibly another pupils even though he found it outside school grounds.
This caused major arguments and has made me to look like the bad one, especially as his mother told him finders keepers! Am I in the wrong here? Should he return the phone to school or is it rightfully his as he found it??

Its your sons mothers toe rag attitude that is prevalent in our society that means we have to bolt everything down, and why this country is going down the pan. Your sons mother is just creating another selfish individual to go along with the rest of em.

Your grandparents who would have probably been through a war, really struggled to get by and saw real misery would have probably handed it in. Now, the attitude is finders keepers as there's a recession on and where's my benefits cheque?

Soldato

Finders Keepers is a myth, its stealing. Slap his mum.

Soldato
As much as this aint about her, Sort that woman out!

As above though, Keep charged and wait for calls or look through phonebook for mum,dad,grandma,grandad etc.. If not maybe even a home address stored somewere

Back
Top Bottom