**** Original Starcraft 2 Thread ****

Associate
I just finished a pretty long ladder session. The final game was a 1:20min long TvT which I had quit obviously won at the 30min mark. The guy wouldnt quit.

I hate ***** like that. Why the **** would he want to waste my time like that, I was friendly to him and won in a macro game fair and square. I wish there were less ****s on ladder, I'd be much more tempted to play more often.

Grrr..

Permabanned
1:20 isn't very long to Macro for.... XD jk ;)

Yea I get guys like that all the time, I've actually met quite a lot of mannered Terrans recently leaving with a "gg wp"

I got some BM from one who threw all the names under the sun at me after I won even though he nuked my army (Stupid Korean sounds! lol)

Yea well deserve it Sheepy.

Associate
How do you kill a turtling Terran as Zerg? Had a game last night where I had 5 bases to his 2. Won eventually with broodlords, but it took way longer than it should. His tanks took out my banelings and his marines & turrets shut Dow muta harass. Is there a faster and more efficient method of ending these games early?

Associate
How do you kill a turtling Terran as Zerg? Had a game last night where I had 5 bases to his 2. Won eventually with broodlords, but it took way longer than it should. His tanks took out my banelings and his marines & turrets shut Dow muta harass. Is there a faster and more efficient method of ending these games early?

Personally I'd baneling drop his base (sending empty overlords first to soak up turret fire) then finish off the rest with reinforcing ling/roach/infestor).

The other and more time-consuming option is to deny his third until he's forced to move out, he'll be starting to be down in income at this time if he's turtled. Burrow a few banelings around the route he will take to weaken his forces and you can afford for a large engagement. This is assuming that you are floating resources and have lots of larva saved up for a reinforce.

On another note, not really seeing anyone in channel OCUK, when the game first came out we had loads of people in it and played a few small tourney/ffa fun games, now its dead :(

Last edited:
Associate

You did the correct thing in expanding that much.

Turtling Terrans are incredibly hard to deal with for most Zerg players, particularly if they turtle their way to mech.

Broodlords are pretty much the only way to win against that play style, the hard part is getting to that stage of course.

Continually exchanging armies is good for you in that situation, you have the economy to support that and it's only a matter of time until he runs out of minerals.

Soldato
...I got some BM from one who threw all the names under the sun at me after I won even though he nuked my army..

God i love nukes. Half the reason i'm so bad as terran may be that i go for nukes just about every game. :D

It's always amusing when someone rages out at you when you play pretty much standard though :p

Permabanned

Transition to brood lords while you play even if he's not being aggressive. If you don't have hive tech units against a fully maxed Terran you're going to lose an even engagement if upgrades are all done.

Soldato

Not really. If he's turtled on 2 bases then he has 1, MAYBE 2 max armies to throw at you. Standard thing to do: get your 4-5 bases up and running, tech to broods and infestors, upgrade like a boss and have an unstoppable army with about 2-3 full refreshes in the bank by the time he moves out :)

Then once they runs out of money as they surely will and tries to take a third, roll over him :)

Permabanned
Not really. If he's turtled on 2 bases then he has 1, MAYBE 2 max armies to throw at you. Standard thing to do: get your 4-5 bases up and running, tech to broods and infestors, upgrade like a boss and have an unstoppable army with about 2-3 full refreshes in the bank by the time he moves out :)

Then once they runs out of money as they surely will and tries to take a third, roll over him :)

That's why I said he'd lose the engagement, not the game ;) brood lords will stop him from moving out tho and get corrupters n fungals to stop vikings.

Associate
snip

On another note, not really seeing anyone in channel OCUK, when the game first came out we had loads of people in it and played a few small tourney/ffa fun games, now its dead :(

I'll join it. Been playing more on my NA account recently but I'll be on my EU one more from now onwards.

@people who've never played NA ladder. It's a complete cakewalk. Check this replay of a ladder game:

http://drop.sc/178390

Believe it or not this guy (BONERTOWN) is somehow in mid masters :confused: he plays like ****. I don't understand how people like that are in masters and I'm not. I don't think I'm very good but I'm 10x better than that guy.

NA servers are also full of ****s. out of my last ~15 games I've been cannon rushed twice, and every single one of the others has been some sort of cheesy 1 base all-in. I get a "glhf" maybe once every 7 games. And literally no one gg's.

It seems that the level of skill I'm currently at is above most of the fun-seeking casual players and below the people who really treat the game maturely and try to improve. I'm surrounded by try hards who just look for the easiest possible ladder points by doing the same cheesy ass build every single game and don't have any manners.

Soldato
I'll join it. Been playing more on my NA account recently but I'll be on my EU one more from now onwards.

@people who've never played NA ladder. It's a complete cakewalk. Check this replay of a ladder game:

http://drop.sc/178390

Believe it or not this guy (BONERTOWN) is somehow in mid masters :confused: he plays like ****. I don't understand how people like that are in masters and I'm not. I don't think I'm very good but I'm 10x better than that guy.

NA servers are also full of ****s. out of my last ~15 games I've been cannon rushed twice, and every single one of the others has been some sort of cheesy 1 base all-in. I get a "glhf" maybe once every 7 games. And literally no one gg's.

It seems that the level of skill I'm currently at is above most of the fun-seeking casual players and below the people who really treat the game maturely and try to improve. I'm surrounded by try hards who just look for the easiest possible ladder points by doing the same cheesy ass build every single game and don't have any manners.

Huh. Well i see what the allin was supposed to do but he just didnt..do anything with it. Instawin :D

Also one thing I see if you dont mind my saying is you could probably work on timing your double drops to catch the army better out of position. You could have, in theory, had the natural mineral line completely cleared since he overcommitted to the main defence. Might be worth a look at in future games :) (also works wonders against terrible protoss players)

Associate
Huh. Well i see what the allin was supposed to do but he just didnt..do anything with it. Instawin :D

Also one thing I see if you dont mind my saying is you could probably work on timing your double drops to catch the army better out of position. You could have, in theory, had the natural mineral line completely cleared since he overcommitted to the main defence. Might be worth a look at in future games :) (also works wonders against terrible protoss players)

Yea, I've had quite a long break from playing SC2 so I'm still getting back into it. I forgot I had the 2nd medivac until after I dropped the first one :). I don't understand the logic of his build order at all. I suppose if I hadn't got the early double gas then I wouldn't have had the tanks and he might have done some damage maybe. The other thing I don't understand is why people do reaper openings. They're terribad. It's so obviously scouted and all I do is put my marines at the top of the cliff and he's completely shut down.

Been forcing myself to use camera hotkeys instead of edge scrolling and I can see it being so much better once I get used to it.

My macro is still quite deficient though :(. It's fine if I don't have to multitask but since I'm terran I always do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom