*** The official HTC One X thread ***

Man of Honour
That was reported in the original Verge review. You can wipe it off and it's probably only the cheap jeans that cause it... :p

Soldato
That was reported in the original Verge review. You can wipe it off and it's probably only the cheap jeans that cause it... :p

Or super expensive raw selvage that's dyed with organic stuff :p

With a full nano coating this would be a thing of the past! (Maybe the new iPhone?)

Man of Honour
Lol, must have been a slow news day.

What's peoples experience of the matt white finish, does it get grubby? Stick to the grey one?

It really doesn't. There may be the odd bit of fluff you have to wipe off but I've never found anything like a stain on mine.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it.

Or super expensive raw selvage that's dyed with organic stuff :p

With a full nano coating this would be a thing of the past! (Maybe the new iPhone?)

It sounds like the new iPhone will be liquid metal... not that liquid metal is as fancy as it sounds... but still. :p

Soldato
Ordered my One X yesterday from Phones4U on the Vodafone 12 month deal (£36 a month, free phone and £50 Quidco cash-back) and it's just arrived :D! Charging now, can't wait until it's up and running :).

Soldato
Lol, must have been a slow news day.

What's peoples experience of the matt white finish, does it get grubby? Stick to the grey one?

I work in retail and found that it got very grubby throughout the day. After handling boxes and that. I have quite moist hands and this probably doesn't help either. You can wipe it clean but for me it just didn't look the same so I bought a case for mine for when I'm in work.

Soldato
Thinking of ordering the phones for you £36 a month deal for a 12 month contract.

Basically, here are my plans....

I currently have a desire that runs out in August.

I really like the deal because it means I can sell the phone in 12 months time and upgrade to something else (Perhaps the Iphone 5 as the deals should be a bit better in 12 months time)

How would you guys suggest I go about this?

Would I just be better to wait until my current contract ends and then look again? I can't see a better deal than this arising.

Could someone please advise me :) ?

Soldato
Thinking of ordering the phones for you £36 a month deal for a 12 month contract. Basically, here are my plans....

I currently have a desire that runs out in August. I really like the deal because it means I can sell the phone in 12 months time and upgrade to something else (Perhaps the iPhone 5 as the deals should be a bit better in 12 months time)
How would you guys suggest I go about this? Would I just be better to wait until my current contract ends and then look again? I can't see a better deal than this arising. Could someone please advise me :) ?
That's the deal I did, and I can't see it lasting for too long, or any better ones coming along at the moment but perhaps by August there will be others. Can you reduce your Desire tariff and then afford to pay both until August? How about paying off your current contract?

Soldato
That's the deal I did, and I can't see it lasting for too long, or any better ones coming along at the moment but perhaps by August there will be others. Can you reduce your Desire tariff and then afford to pay both until August? How about paying off your current contract?

Thanks for the reply. I might ring up Orange today and see if I can pay off my contract. If I'm paying it off, I'm guessing it's going to cost me full price?

Soldato
I need some convincing! I'm almost there on the Voda 12 month deal...I'm currently on a IP4 16GB, while I like it for its battery life, I'm basically running out of space on the device. I've weighed up the SGS3 V HOX and I really don't see much between the two. The snag is my contract doesn't finish with TMob until October, so i will be stuck with two contracts for a while!

Only thing with the OneX i'm worried about is the battery life v the iph4, can anyone comment?

Soldato
Man of Honour
Seems a good review that, not really a lot in it and certainly not enough to make me sell this to get a GS3, was expecting more from Samsung.

The thing is, the Galaxy S 3 does perform better at seemingly almost everything, but to negligible (at best) benefit. It's fine having more power and so on, but if you'll never know it's there, it may as well not be there.

One thing you will know is what your phone looks and feels like every time you pick it up... that's far more important to me at least.

The one thing I did find impressive was that it lasted for 5 hours more in the battery test for video... something must be up there. However we do know that their battery tests aren't reliable and can vary heavily depending on what you are doing specifically.

Just to add (skim reading all of the arguments on XDA), the One X camera seems to be better as well.

The GSM test wasn't fair as the conditions were different and the X seems to be a lot better in low light as well, as does the video recording.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi guys,

I'm going to ring phones 4 you and see if they will buy me out of my contract and get the 12 month vodafone 12 month deal.

Can anyone please confirm how I used quidco! I've just signed up.

Man of Honour
Hi guys,

I'm going to ring phones 4 you and see if they will buy me out of my contract and get the 12 month vodafone 12 month deal.

Can anyone please confirm how I used quidco! I've just signed up.

You'll have to do it online, just follow the link through to Phones 4 U from Quidco and it should track it (make sure your browser isn't blocking cookies or anything).

Back
Top Bottom