*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Just received my standard edition through the mail which I ordered from Tesco online (they still havn't changed the status to say it has been dispatched). Would definitely order from them again. Can't wait to play it :D

Soldato
Im downloading from the installer on http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912/ too,

How do you know it's downloading the old version? Why would they link to the old version in that post?

Contacted Amazon:

Me:Hi,
I am hearing reports that there are problems with the Diablo 3 Delivery. Can you assure me it will arrive on the 15th of May, otherwise I will purchase it elsewhere.
Thanks
Naresh:Hello, Welcome to Amazon Chat Support, My name is Naresh.
I’ll do my best to assist you resolve this issue.
Before proceeding further with the issue, for security reasons, could you please confirm the name as on your account?
Me:XXXXXXX
Naresh:Thank you for verifying the name on the account.
XXXX, are we referring to the order # XXXXXXX "Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)" ?
Me:Yes that is correct Naresh
Naresh:Thank you for confirming.
XXXXXX, I have checked the records and can confirm that this order will be delivered as per the estimated delivery date: 15 May, 2012
The delay in the dispatch process this order is not in your case, it is for the orders placed in later time, we have not received any alert stating that this order will be delayed.
Me:Ok, thank you for clearing that up
Naresh:So, you can be assured that the order will be delivered as on the promised date.
You are welcome.

BACKUP PLAN

If it doesn't arrive in good time on Tuesday, I will buy the digital version for an extra £12. And when the Amazon copy arrives, sell the CD key to make up the extra spent.

Last edited:
Associate
Ugh, just got an Amazon email saying it may be dispatched late because of high demand. I pre-ordered over a year ago so I hope they give priority based on when you ordered it...

Soldato
Ugh, just got an Amazon email saying it may be dispatched late because of high demand. I pre-ordered over a year ago so I hope they give priority based on when you ordered it...

Ok wtf, I have had no such emails, preordered 18th of April, scroll up for my Chat with Amazon, they said it only effects orders placed later. So how is mine prioritised over yours :S

Associate
Because developers have no control over the platform and can't block people from installing because of MS's rules, and they need to support people that don't ever connect their Xboxs to the Internet.

This is pretty standard for AAA games on PC now, devs can encrypt games and have them locked until release. I wouldn't expect to be able to play a Steamworks game early. :p

Well devs do have a certain amount of control on Xbox as they can simply not turn on their multiplayer servers untill a certain date, like Eden could have not turned on their online servers so early when TDU 2 came out and forced people to play offline but they didn't.

I don't see the point in not letting people play a game they get early if its not an MMO, that's the only exception I would say yeah, make sure everyone starts at the same time.

Soldato
Well devs do have a certain amount of control on Xbox as they can simply not turn on their multiplayer servers untill a certain date, like Eden could have not turned on their online servers so early when TDU 2 came out and forced people to play offline but they didn't.

I don't see the point in not letting people play a game they get early if its not an MMO, that's the only exception I would say yeah, make sure everyone starts at the same time.

Aren't most the Xbox MP servers hosted by MS?

The release date is the 15th. Everyone will be able to play at the same time. Should people that bought directly from Blizz have been able to play for weeks then? :confused:

Associate
Aren't most the Xbox MP servers hosted by MS?

The release date is the 15th. Everyone will be able to play at the same time. Should people that bought directly from Blizz have been able to play for weeks then? :confused:

Nope, only Xbox Live functionality goes through MSFT's servers, not actual game servers.

If peoples copies turned up weeks early then yes they should seing as this is not a MMO.

Soldato
Hello. Will D3 run OK on my computer?
Spec:
Asus M3A78-T AM2+ Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ AM2+ CPU Unlocked to a Quad Core Phonom II X4
4GB DDR2 Ram
Gainward Rampage700 HD4870 X2 2048MB GS GLH

Thanks
James

Soldato
Nope, only Xbox Live functionality goes through MSFT's servers, not actual game servers.

If peoples copies turned up weeks early then yes they should seing as this is not a MMO.

Sounds like entitlement mush to me. :p

Game is released on the 15th, servers go live just before. Everyone that pre-ordered can play at the same time regardless of where they ordered. Seems fair to me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom