• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 555

Associate
A friend who is upgrading his PC (alienware) has offered this card to me. Never came across this one and from a quick search it is an OEM product (what happens with warranty?) but not sure if it will be worth for any gaming at 1080p.
Seems to be faster than 550Ti's but slower than 560's. It has also some other unique energy conserving features which I am not sure if they make any sense on a desktop system.
Any more info?

Associate
OP
Not sure what is happening but is consistently gives better min frame rates at Unigine Heaven that the 6770 and 6850. Is this a benchmark that favors nvidia cards?

Associate
OP
Core easily at 950 and memory at 2200. 20k @ 3dMark06 on an i3 system. Interestingly temps are much lower than the 560 and 560ti I was testing last week.

Back
Top Bottom