Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Anybody seen this ?

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/898819-battlefield-3-servers-are-now-rental-only

I despair i really do. There has only ever been rented servers on PC. There were never EA / DICE servers for battlefield 2 or 2142, nor are there any for BF3.

So now that EA / DICE have mirrored that setup on the PC, why are all the console gamers crying that they want the un-admined, default rules, DICE servers back and complaining as though they can't play unless they have those servers to play on ?

I play on the xbox, and have no trouble at all finding a decent server to play on. I seriously just don't get all the fuss they are making.

Soldato
I have to admit, outside of the small group of favourites I play on, it's actually pretty hard to find a decent server without 1,000s of tickets, instant spawn vehicles or a 24/7 single map 'rotation'.

Then when you do find a decent, normal ruleset server if it's not administrated well it can be a nightmare.

Yes, you can find servers - But many are trash.

Soldato
Anybody seen this ?

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/898819-battlefield-3-servers-are-now-rental-only

I despair i really do. There has only ever been rented servers on PC. There were never EA / DICE servers for battlefield 2 or 2142, nor are there any for BF3.

So now that EA / DICE have mirrored that setup on the PC, why are all the console gamers crying that they want the un-admined, default rules, DICE servers back and complaining as though they can't play unless they have those servers to play on ?

I play on the xbox, and have no trouble at all finding a decent server to play on. I seriously just don't get all the fuss they are making.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zFgjw16Xmdg

Watch that. The reason he kicked him too?!

"The Reason He Was Kicked Was Because Part Of The Rules Of The Server Were No Sniping In That Way (ie sitting back away from the objectives picking people off and not pushing the objective helping youre team) Would You Want That Guy On Youre Team To Spawn On 200+ Metres From A Flag Everytime. Didnt Think So."

Says it all.

Also, i played BF3 after some time off on the xbox this weekend...it wasn't easy to find standard rules servers to join (found that most bump their tickets right up making each round far too long). It also splits the community having this I think.

Caporegime
thing is, the console gamers saw that the PC gamers had their own servers, and had 24/7 metro servers with 500 % tickets and complained that they were missing out on the easy points.

They complained, and DICE listened and copied the setup on the PC to the consoles.

Now the consoles want the old EA / DICE servers back because they've discovered that the average console gamer is too immature to be trusted with the responsibility of running a server and can't help but kick people from their server that don't play the game in exactly the way they want (no sniping, no shotguns, no this, no that, kicking people that get in "my" chopper etc..)

Soldato
thing is, the console gamers saw that the PC gamers had their own servers, and had 24/7 metro servers with 500 % tickets and complained that they were missing out on the easy points.

They complained, and DICE listened and copied the setup on the PC to the consoles.

Now the consoles want the old EA / DICE servers back because they've discovered that the average console gamer is too immature to be trusted with the responsibility of running a server and can't help but kick people from their server that don't play the game in exactly the way they want (no sniping, no shotguns, no this, no that, kicking people that get in "my" chopper etc..)

:D

a lot of pc servers are like that too through

Associate
Last edited:
Caporegime
Ahh, the old insta kill, was on a server once were a guy killed everyone in seconds. Pic below.

Capture2-2.jpg

I took that ss about 10 seconds after spawning into a new round.

V F

V F

Soldato

Heh. Reminds me of this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom