PSU choice

Associate
Well I'll be going into work tomorrow and asking for a few days off to build the PC that I'll be ordering once the time off is agreed. Right now I'm re-checking everything and will be firing odd questions out here and there.

I can't see a PSU forum so this one's in here...

This PSU or this one?

Corsair has slightly better warranty but OCZ is 80+ gold and fully modular whilst the Corsair seems to have some leads attached. From day 1 of this build the Corsair has been in my basket but I just spotted the permanently attached leads and for some reason it's niggling me :(

I guess what I'm asking is, "Is the OCZ comparable quality to the Corsair?"

Associate
OP
Well I'm looking for a reliable & well regarded PSU rated around 850 watts - Corsair was my 1st choice as it's a brand I know to be reliable but if others are as good and a little cheaper then I'm happy to save a few quid - only £260 over budget at the moment thanks to not needing a fan controller (Cheers Stulid)

Caporegime
Well I'm looking for a reliable & well regarded PSU rated around 850 watts - Corsair was my 1st choice as it's a brand I know to be reliable but if others are as good and a little cheaper then I'm happy to save a few quid - only £260 over budget at the moment thanks to not needing a fan controller (Cheers Stulid)

Its made by Seasonic,

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/808
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=165

It doesnt have the Green fan anymore.

Soldato
I'd personally stick to the Corsair, as I'm one of the unfortunate ones with a slightly noisey XFX. If you're not looking for a silent rig, then by all means go for the XFX.

Associate
Corsair, but OCZ make pretty high quality stuff themselves. My last computer build has a OCZ 700W which has lasted over 3 years so far with 0 problems associated with it. But if I was to build one now, I would go Corsair simply because they seem to be the most popular choice^^

Soldato
OcUK I think are a bit lacking in PSU's at the moment, they have decent ones in stock but nothing truly excellent that you can find if you shop around.

The three models I particularly like aren't in stock but can be had;

Enermax Revolution
Seasonic X Series
BeQuiet DarkPower Pro

All three are very premium, but I always recommend getting a great PSU and building around that.

Back
Top Bottom