E-readers who has one?

Soldato
I got a Motorola Xoom from OcUK for all things E Reading. I have the Google Book Store and Amazon Book Store at my finger tips. I did have reservations at first about the whole new book smell. Agreed they are slightly less tactile but I probably read more books now then I ever did before

Soldato
I don't really read many books, I prefer to read the news or watch a documentary. But my mum has a kindle and she uses it all the time, it's really good.

Permabanned
I struggle to focus on the words in books as my eyesight is pretty poor.

I can read my kindle for HOURS, with no focusing issues. Its amazing not getting eye strain or fatigue from reading anymore :cool:

Soldato
For those that are claiming screens don't break on their own, USUALLY I'd be in your corner - but I picked up a Kindle that had been sitting in a protective leather case on a bookshelf, leaning up against something, nothing on it or anywhere it could fall - and it had a completely broken screen.

I called Amazon support and they acknowledged a problem exists - they swapped mine for a new unit even though the warranty had long finished

Soldato
Tres, it didn't break on it's own. There's a very thin piece of glass inside, it was broken before it was put on the shelf and you didn't know until you opened it.

Glass doesn't spontaneously break.

Associate
I love my Kindle. Initially I had the same reservations about moving away from physical books. However after having a kindle for more than a year I wouldn't want to go back.

Actually I am awaiting a replacement at present for a broken screen. I keep my kindle in a cover and have had no issues. However I recently left my bag in a bar accidentally and luckily got it back after a few days. On trying my kindle the screen is broken.

Called Amazon and even though the Kindle is out of warranty (albeit only by a few days) they have immediately sent me out a replacement and provided me the link to the courier website with whom I can arrange collection of my broken one. First class customer service all round.

Soldato
I have a £89 Kindle as well, use it every week day on my commute in a slip case ... no issues with it so far and it means that my hard copy books don't get dammaged in my bag (and it is a lot lighter than my hardbacks)

Soldato
Also got a kindle for christmas, use it every day and love it. Only issue i have is i read plenty of black library warhammer books and while they now do them in kindle format they haven't been picked up by amazon yet and so are quite pricey compared to the paperback version.

Also i often buy trilogies / anthologies which only cost a couple of pound more than a single book when buying a physical book... For the kindle you buy 3 separate books and it costs you for each book.

Other than that every other aspect of reading a book has improved.. so much smaller and lighter than a large book, battery is very good, screen is very good would never go back to normal books.

Soldato
Battery-powered book a surprise hit

A TYPE of book with a battery has proved popular despite being pointless.

kindle2501.jpg

Especially good for fans of the colour grey

The Kindle electronic book does essentially the same job as a book, except it looks **** and you sometimes have to plug it in.

Despite this, the device has proved a huge success, mainly with menopausal women determined to maximise the amount of Lynne Truss they can consume in a day.

Technologist Nikki Hollis said: “Have you ever been reading a paperback book and thought, this is a nightmare, the design of it is awful, just doesn’t work at all?

“Exactly.

“Despite this someone took it upon themselves to create a book with a screen and buttons. Effectively mimicking the tedium of computer-based toil, but in your leisure time.

“Apparently it’s really convenient for going on holiday because you don’t have to carry lots of books. But unless you’re Brian Sewell, how many books are you really going to read on holiday? One and a half, max.

“Although with the electro-book you can strap it into a black leather carrying case so it looks like an S & M Gameboy, which is quite funny.

“Otherwise it’s like a proper book that got shot up by criminals and rebuilt as a soulless machine called robobook that is always sad and has lucid dreams about the halcyon days when it was made of paper.

“Still, it’s really caught on. Probably because of how much humans like to buy new things.”

Electro-book fan Emma Bradford said: “Thanks to this gadget I’ve been able to get rid of all those books that were cluttering up my house and making it look interesting.

“I’m really excited about the drab, unemotional future age we are entering.”

Source

:D :D :D

Caporegime
Have had mine since last Nov and absolutely love it...when i was younger i used to be a huge book reader but then i found carrying books around to be a pain so kinda left it reading until i bought a kindle for myself. Now i have all my books on there and its just so much easier to carry around.

Even the missus, who slated me for getting one likes it so ive bought her one.

Havent noticed any defects with my keyboard kindle as of yet.

Soldato
Have had mine since last Nov and absolutely love it...when i was younger i used to be a huge book reader but then i found carrying books around to be a pain so kinda left it reading until i bought a kindle for myself. Now i have all my books on there and its just so much easier to carry around.

How many books can you read at one time though?

Back
Top Bottom